The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ber
Got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:smile: congratulation:beer:
btw What's the offer? Is that 3As?

Hope I can get it tomorrow :tongue:
Reply 741
Original post by Doctor2b
Thank you soooo much sherbet

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

102 places now DoctorDeL'avenir let the fighting for the free places commence :starwars: LOL

Maybe if the thread creator is on (laurenl i think) they could create an anonymous poll to see what everyone is doing

i.e. firm unconditional
firm conditional
insurance conditional
unconditional but going elsewhere
conditional but going elsewhere
withdraw to go elsewhere
rejected but hold firm/conditional with other med uni
rejected and hoping for reassesment

and anything else that i missed

i know that these dont take into account anyone who miss the grades in august, thanks

I don't want to sound negative but my friend last year went in for reassessment in August. There were only 7 places all of which went to people with 4 A-levels who got A*A*AA or higher. And the year before I believe 8 places where available to four a-level sitters. I hope this info is useful.
Reply 742
I have also just declined my offer to QUB, and put Cardiff as my firm. Best of luck to everyone, I'm sure someone else deserves that place just as much (if not more). Now I just need to get those 3 A's!
Reply 743
Original post by chanchunyu12
:smile: congratulation:beer:
btw What's the offer? Is that 3As?

Hope I can get it tomorrow :tongue:

Yeah 3As - chem, bio, maths
Or A in chem, AB in bio and maths in any order, plus A in AS f.maths
But the offer depends on the subjects you do :smile:
Good luck :biggrin:
Are you from hk btw?
Original post by Ber
Yeah 3As - chem, bio, maths
Or A in chem, AB in bio and maths in any order, plus A in AS f.maths
But the offer depends on the subjects you do :smile:
Good luck :biggrin:
Are you from hk btw?

3A/AABa is not that hard tbh :smile: Is Queen's ur first choice?
Yes.i am from hk. U? :smile:
Congratulation again:smile:
Reply 745
Original post by MD92
I don't want to sound negative but my friend last year went in for reassessment in August. There were only 7 places all of which went to people with 4 A-levels who got A*A*AA or higher. And the year before I believe 8 places where available to four a-level sitters. I hope this info is useful.

Thats not good news

I assumed that this year the reassessment will focus on interview scores as everyone who made interview satisified the entry requirements grade wise. People who didn't make it to interview probably won't be reassessed.

As mentioned in an earlier post by myself an e-mail i received from admissions in Queens said "we are not currently operating a waiting list. Our e-mail states that applicants may be reconsidered provided they have not held a firm or insurance offer with another medical school through ucas"
Would i be right in thinking that should any places come up in august do our interview rankings make any difference? Im confused with the no waiting list thing.

also the e-mail states further down that "choosing the biology degree at queens as your irm or insurance choice would not rule you out of reconsideration in August"
Do they just reconsider a select few who request reconsideration or do they automatically reconsider everyone who failed and dont hold an offer with another uni for medicine. Also once you firm biology if we were to get reconsidered and be made an offer from queens how easy is it to withdraw from biology. Also if you were made an offer for medicine in august is this done through ucas as well?
Reply 746
Original post by Doctor2b
Thats not good news

I assumed that this year the reassessment will focus on interview scores as everyone who made interview satisified the entry requirements grade wise. People who didn't make it to interview probably won't be reassessed.

As mentioned in an earlier post by myself an e-mail i received from admissions in Queens said "we are not currently operating a waiting list. Our e-mail states that applicants may be reconsidered provided they have not held a firm or insurance offer with another medical school through ucas"
Would i be right in thinking that should any places come up in august do our interview rankings make any difference? Im confused with the no waiting list thing.

also the e-mail states further down that "choosing the biology degree at queens as your irm or insurance choice would not rule you out of reconsideration in August"
Do they just reconsider a select few who request reconsideration or do they automatically reconsider everyone who failed and dont hold an offer with another uni for medicine. Also once you firm biology if we were to get reconsidered and be made an offer from queens how easy is it to withdraw from biology. Also if you were made an offer for medicine in august is this done through ucas as well?

I'm not sure if they'll do it different this year because everyone who got offer did the MMIs. Last year only reapplicants and graduates were interviewed. All I know about reconsideration from last year was that my friend was very close to getting an offer he had 36/40 and Queens sent him a letter saying that if he got the grades and wasn't holding another medicine offer on UCAS he could be reconsidered in August. He was offered a place with A*A*A*A and told that all 7 places were given to people with 4 a-levels with grades at A*A*AA or more. I can't see them offering reconsideration to everyone who did the interview and got an unsuccessful, they'll properly pick the unsuccessful people with the highest rankings in the interview who enquire in august then judge who gets places based on number of a-levels sat and grades in them.
Reply 747
Just firmed Belfast with Liverpool as insurance (although it doesn't really matter being the same grades). Visited the city a few times and loved it! So excited, just need to get grades! Good luck to everyone in the same position as me, so jealous of people with unconditionals haha!
And firmed.

See you all in September!
Reply 749
3A/AABa is not that hard tbh :smile: Is Queen's ur first choice?
Yes.i am from hk. U? :smile:
Congratulation again:smile:

Yeah I'm from HK too :biggrin:
If I get an offer from Bristol after the interview next week, I will probably firm Bristol but I'm thinking Belfast might be a nice place to study so..
Well hope you get your offer soon. Where else did you apply to? Are you currently studying in the UK?
Original post by Ber
Yeah I'm from HK too :biggrin:
If I get an offer from Bristol after the interview next week, I will probably firm Bristol but I'm thinking Belfast might be a nice place to study so..
Well hope you get your offer soon. Where else did you apply to? Are you currently studying in the UK?

Oh..nice to meet some HK guy here!
Did you do gcse/hkcee?
I think Bristol is better..(for hk people)
I am doing gce in uk:smile: I applied to leeds belfast Barts and Liverpool
Reply 751
Oh..nice to meet some HK guy here!
Did you do gcse/hkcee?
I think Bristol is better..(for hk people)
I am doing gce in uk:smile: I applied to leeds belfast Barts and Liverpool

I did HKCEE. What about you? I'm doing GCE in the UK as well! And I applied to Belfast, Bristol, KCL and Leicester but rejected by the last 2 :/
Did you apply to HKU or CUHK?
Original post by Ber
I did HKCEE. What about you? I'm doing GCE in the UK as well! And I applied to Belfast, Bristol, KCL and Leicester but rejected by the last 2 :/
Did you apply to HKU or CUHK?

I did hkcee as well but it was "totally rubbish" lol
I got 2 rejections as well.:frown: I e-mailed belfast and they said I have to wait 2-3 weeks more :angry:
Yes but I do not think I can get in. I know ~7 successful applicants and they are crazy... IB predicted 45/45 with hkcee 28.. gce predicted 4 A* (no ums less than 98%...) gce predicted 7A*.. crazy:frown:
Couldn't bare to read these threads until I heard back, if I pass my first year exams I'm in.

Just to ask, how many who have offers are locals?

And for you not from the north, what made you'se pick Belfast?
just a reminder to all who havent joined....theres a queens offer facebook page :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/369115183129133/
Hi!
I got an offer a couple of weeks ago and still haven't received an offer pack through the post. Or a personal email with details about my offer. Has anyone received one? I thought with medicine we usually had to fill in a form about our medical history and immunisations. Should I be doing this now? Thanks!
Original post by warmlaptop
Hi!
I got an offer a couple of weeks ago and still haven't received an offer pack through the post. Or a personal email with details about my offer. Has anyone received one? I thought with medicine we usually had to fill in a form about our medical history and immunisations. Should I be doing this now? Thanks!

Nope I havent heard anything yet I think it gets sent in June/July :tongue:
Original post by KeepMovingForward
Nope I havent heard anything yet I think it gets sent in June/July :tongue:

Thanks! :smile:
yea i dont think queens will send anything out until the summer but the details of youre offer (the grades you need to get or the date you need to have sent copies of youre previously achieved qualifications by) sould be in the decision letter that you can read in youre UCAS track. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 759
I did hkcee as well but it was "totally rubbish" lol
I got 2 rejections as well.:frown: I e-mailed belfast and they said I have to wait 2-3 weeks more :angry:
Yes but I do not think I can get in. I know ~7 successful applicants and they are crazy... IB predicted 45/45 with hkcee 28.. gce predicted 4 A* (no ums less than 98%...) gce predicted 7A*.. crazy:frown:

Yeah that sounds crazy.. Well I hope you'll hear from Queen's soon :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending