The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phill232
Yes thats very high, if you want to live and study in Belfast for the next 5 years, like the course structure and think you can handle the MMI interviews then go for it.

38/40 but thats irrelavent as this years entry system is so different.

Yeah thts the problem, I don't know what to make of this MMI style and whether I'd be good at it..
Student Finance England still applies doesn't it..? Just got slightly confused for a minute..!
Reply 42
38 points out of 42, not sure if that's enough to get me to the interview stage but I've put Queens down as a choice.
Even if I do get to the interview stage though, the MMI is going to be my downfall. Roleplays.. I'll just be standing there with a stupid look on my face. :frown: Ah well, guess there's nothing I can do now but wait for the rejection to come!
Original post by Angury
38 points out of 42, not sure if that's enough to get me to the interview stage but I've put Queens down as a choice.
Even if I do get to the interview stage though, the MMI is going to be my downfall. Roleplays.. I'll just be standing there with a stupid look on my face. :frown: Ah well, guess there's nothing I can do now but wait for the rejection to come!

This is exactly how I feel. Think I'll be so **** at the MMIs.
Im from London so will have to get a plane so I'm trying to decide whether it's worth applying hmmmm.....
Reply 44
Really wanna go to QUB :biggrin: broke my heart not getting in last year :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by crooney
Really wanna go to QUB :biggrin: broke my heart not getting in last year :frown:

I'm the same! :frown: how many points are you on?
Reply 46
Original post by KR1993
I'm the same! :frown: how many points are you on?

This year i think i'm on 40/42, so should hopefully get an interview anyway. You? was on 36/40 last year :frown: cut off was 37 :frown:
39/42? Would you guys advise applying?
Reply 48
Original post by crooney
This year i think i'm on 40/42, so should hopefully get an interview anyway. You? was on 36/40 last year :frown: cut off was 37 :frown:

I'm on 40/42 as well :biggrin: I f**ked up the ukcat last year and ended up with 35 points :frown:
I'm just hoping 40 is enough for an interview, then it's a clean slate and I'd feel confident with the MMI :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by groovyangel2008
39/42? Would you guys advise applying?

Well I know I was definitely going to apply if I got at least 39/42 it just depends if you fall into the top 500 after ranking. If I were you I would go for it! :smile:
Reply 50
oh MMI are weird though, dundee didn't go too well for me last year, although i am applying again. Well fingers crossed for both of us!

also give it a go with 39, i would if it was me! :biggrin:
Thanks guys, yeah i guess theres no harm in trying :smile: Ahh i know MMIs are so wierd- its kinda like acting right?
Reply 52
Everyone should definitely apply - be confident :-) MMIs can be tricky, but you'll ace them so don't panic too much! They do love their grads, so that'll also work in your favour.
Reply 53
Are any international applicants applying to Queens Belfast? :smile: Any Canadians?
Reply 54
Does anyone know if they interview internationals or not? (A100) They say "applicant may be chosen for interview" so is that 100%? Any internationals got in without an interview??
SO EXCITED THAT I APPPLIED HERE LAST NIGHT :hearts:

Such a lovely med school & my ultimate first choice :h:
Original post by lizzy999
Are any international applicants applying to Queens Belfast? :smile: Any Canadians?

Hi. I am from Hong Kong:smile::tongue:
Reply 57
Original post by chanchunyu12
Hi. I am from Hong Kong:smile::tongue:

Hi :smile: I was originally from hk too :P
Original post by yanb0706
Does anyone know if they interview internationals or not? (A100) They say "applicant may be chosen for interview" so is that 100%? Any internationals got in without an interview??

Hey, I'm an international first year at queens right now. I wasn't interviewed, but I think they do do interviews in Malaysia for people who live in that area.
Original post by The International
Hey, I'm an international first year at queens right now. I wasn't interviewed, but I think they do do interviews in Malaysia for people who live in that area.

Hey,
How are you finding the university and the city?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending