The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumiT
:toofunny:

Lol that's what my mum said :rolleyes:

:eek: Imran is 29 lol I thought he was in his early twenties :redface: In that case my cousin looks like Imran :lol:
Aah ok my bad ;( I've no idea if you can..I remember when I first did archery, got bulls eye on my first shot :biggrin: Lool I wonder if bollywood have made a film on him :teehee:
Yeah I'll love it..I mean how can you not like snickers milkshake :teehee:
Haha thanks :P
Deepika lol it took me ages to figure out how to say her second name :lol: Oh yeah I remember her now but I only ever seen her in that film so don't know much about her :smile:
Welcome :smile:

lol 29 isnt too old..is it? yeh i thought he was younger as well.
wow you must be a pro if you got bull's eye first go plus you're from Notts you should be pro with the archery and be the asian girl version of robin hood. could also have a movie on you..shoot the bull's eye like Robin kind of like bend it like beckham. hehe i wonder if there has if there hasn't i'll audition :teehee:
ive never tried snickers milkshake but maybe i should cos u say its good.
yeh deepika's name is a bit unusual sounding.

thx for the welcome..:hugs:
special welcome from aus..cos we like our hugs

ok its in the next reply
Original post by HumiT
:toofunny:

Lol that's what my mum said :rolleyes:

:eek: Imran is 29 lol I thought he was in his early twenties :redface: In that case my cousin looks like Imran :lol:
Aah ok my bad ;( I've no idea if you can..I remember when I first did archery, got bulls eye on my first shot :biggrin: Lool I wonder if bollywood have made a film on him :teehee:
Yeah I'll love it..I mean how can you not like snickers milkshake :teehee:
Haha thanks :P
Deepika lol it took me ages to figure out how to say her second name :lol: Oh yeah I remember her now but I only ever seen her in that film so don't know much about her :smile:
Welcome :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
the video i was talking about..and asians also love their jaadu ki jhappis :smile:
Original post by Xsmurfy786x
Nothin much lol, was revising but lost the motivation so I'm back on here again and just browsing.
Wbuuu?

sorry about the random what you up to. Lol.
How come you were revising so late at night?
Family gatherings were annoying me... so came on here.
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95

hey Ayesha
whats up? :smile:
i want to know what you think about this comment. Its from here for background info...last comment.
anyone here can also comment on it. I didnt even know such racist attitudes among asians existed before i came on tsr because my pakistani friends are cool with things and on this thread never faced anything like this.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1931199&page=6

Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
*Facepalm - What a creep!

Since when did Indians/Bengali represent the whole, Asian community? When did Pakistanis look similar to Indians/Bengalis?

Those so called ‘morals’ are found in all nationalities including ‘Brits’ and are not exclusive to certain groups.

Fortunately, I’m not plagued by an inferiority complex that is so ever present in Indian/Bengali people. I find people from my own nationality attractive and I, myself, am confident with regards to my looks.

Of-course it matters, this isn’t Hollywood/Bollywood whereby you somehow overcome all odds, and marry someone just to entertain the notion of ‘love’. Anyone who does that is a complete idiot without having taking into consideration other factors such as financial/family ties/ education etc

Personally, can’t fathom why any Pakistani would marry an Indian when in general they’re extremely unattractive, and not only that but there is an abundance of nationalities to choose from.

Oh, please stop taking pity on yourself and acting like a victim. Your own people also spout the same remark as I’ve done in my former comment. Just take a look in RL or on the e-webs including yt and you’ll see a fair few Indians ridiculing their folks as being unattractive.

Not only that but just look at your own entertainment industry, and the women they portray in those movies/songs/advertisements and then compare them to the local women of India, and you’ll see the stark differences between the two.

I’ll forgive your ignorance on this occasion as it seems to be a recurring habit with regards to Indians who pander and caress the idea of a Pan-South Asian agenda. Even the so called ‘commonalities’ that you’ve listed are just a figment of your imagination.

Which language is this? Urdu? A language brought over by the Indian migrants is still to this very day spoken by a small proportion of Pakistan’s population.

Food? *Facepalm Just highlights your ignorance.

I’ll leave you to dwell in your own ignorance and stupidity as you have a problem grasping the very essence of the fact that Pakistanis are totally heterogeneous with regard to Indians in our culture, heritage, ethnicity and social values.

I’m certainly an outlier with regards to people like yourself who harp about commonalities which just don’t exist and somehow see Pakistan as an extension of India when that has hardly been the norm. Sorry to burst your bubble but the Pakistan that you see, today, is totally different to the one seen under the British Raj.

This is in response to this. Is this person wrong for thinking Indians and Pakistanis have something in common that a common asian identity exists. No matter how much some people will deny there is not that much difference in features.
(edited 12 years ago)

i couldnt post it here but this is what it was the comment above in response to. I think this comment is fairly nice and understanding. I hope majority of british asians dont think like this sweet science above because that would be really sad. Why is it wrong to think Indians and Pakistanis have things in common? Im really disturbed by those comments and so had to post this. I think this racism is as disgusting as racism against asians by whites.

Original post by Anonymous
There are a number of things people find common including language, food and a similar environment that we grew up with. Just because you don't find any commonalities doesn't mean others can't find any and they don't exist. You might be the alien or outlier in this case. I don't think any decent human being, let alone Indian, would find such bigoted opinions remotely endearing so don't worry you won't get swamped with admiration any time soon.

Some people like to think of commonalities we have with other humans, others like to think of differences. You seem to belong to the second category. To each their own. You even seem to look for differences within Pakistanis themselves..obviously people are going to have some differences. That's what makes us human.

I don't think i need to respond to your physically unattractive or inferiority complex. I don't believe in generalisations and stereotypes and just because you seem to malign people from my background does not mean that i will utter similar disparaging sterotypes and do the same for you. You can think whatever opinion you want doesn't mean its fact.

Besides, I wouldn't want to do anything that would tarnish the good name of the Pakistanis i have met here so far. Your comments do not represent them. Others on TSR should know that. In fact, i would go as far to suggest they are a drop of sewerage in an otherwise pristine ocean. One drop cannot pollute the whole environment.

I have read some of your past comments and i have found them to be very prejudiced and discriminating especially against Indians/Bengalis. I would hope most British asians do not have similar views. In my country we get along very well.

Besides how many of the 1.2 billions have you seen? A couple of 100 in your neighbourhood, maybe 20 on tv maybe a 100 or so in the media. Yes, you can make generalisations from that about the whole indian population in the entire world. :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6745
Original post by brownchocolateice
thanks yaar glad you didnt mind :smile:
anyway lets not think of all that. lets keep it in the past. no point talking more about it i guess u know the truth. your actions are yours only and you know what is right.
humne comments aap ke izzat rakhne ke liye kiye
i feel like posting a random happy video...you dont take tension yaar main hoon na :smile: i got ur back dost. agar kabhi kuch zyaada ho jaye to humein maaf kar dijiye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKYFxdRFXgg
you should go for the driving test.
i can imagine how great uae would have been and you prob miss it..prob closer to religion. but doesnt mean it cant be here yaar. but there's also lot of great things in UK as well..and the azan can also probably be heard in London and Bradford.

yup exactly forget it
haha thanks for that :smile: main hun na was a good movie but not ver yfond of it i guess anyways
i need to learn driving first then the test :P
and no its not just the religiousness
its the awesomeness that wherever you go food is halal you dont have to think before you buy it
its sunny and hot all the time i love that i hate it here its just ALWAYS raining :frown:
its depressing weather here i miss uae
hey Ayesha
whats up? :smile:
i want to know what you think about this comment. Its from here for background info...last comment.
anyone here can also comment on it. I didnt even know such racist attitudes among asians existed before i came on tsr because my pakistani friends are cool with things and on this thread never faced anything like this.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1931199&page=6

This is in response to this. Is this person wrong for thinking Indians and Pakistanis have something in common that a common asian identity exists. No matter how much some people will deny there is not that much difference in features.

Hey... erm just realised I dont know your name... brownchocolate. Oh my gosh.
That guy... is a complete kutah. Do you want me to say something to him??
What the hell is with him? Oh and I negged him :smile:
There is racist asain people, but Ive never seen anyone say anything like THAT!
And why havent you said anything in response to his comments??
Original post by Farwa
yup exactly forget it
haha thanks for that :smile: main hun na was a good movie but not ver yfond of it i guess anyways
i need to learn driving first then the test :P
and no its not just the religiousness
its the awesomeness that wherever you go food is halal you dont have to think before you buy it
its sunny and hot all the time i love that i hate it here its just ALWAYS raining :frown:
its depressing weather here i miss uae

yeh im going to forget it. my mind is already filled with many other things.
main hoon na was a nice movie :smile: whats ur fav movie of all time?
oh ok ..how does driving tests work in the UK here we do a test even before we start driving to make sure we know road rules.

i can understand why you would miss the UAE. Its great to not have to think and buy food. Plus the weather is prob better. Does teh sun come out much?
Are asians treated ok in the uae? or is it just the dark skinned/labourer types who have discrimination? is there discrimination against uae seems very technologically advanced tho.

You have lived in Pakistan so i have to ask what do u think of those comments above by that guy about indians and pakistanis? do u think he is right when he says we have nothing in common? are views like this at all common in Pakistan or in the UK? Do asians get along in the UK?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey... erm just realised I dont know your name... brownchocolate. Oh my gosh.
That guy... is a complete kutah. Do you want me to say something to him??
What the hell is with him? Oh and I negged him :smile:
There is racist asain people, but Ive never seen anyone say anything like THAT!
And why havent you said anything in response to his comments??

My name is Kishan. My friends call me Kish. :smile: You can call me whatever brownchocolate, which is similar to my skin colour, or Kish or Kishan.
Thanks for negging him. He is pretty mean whenever he comments its always divisive hateful stuff. Lots of people have said things to him in the past but he's pretty stubborn. He'll prob say you're not a proper Pakistani for thinking Indians , Bengalis and Pakistanis have things in common. If you want to reply would be great.l I agree he is a complete Kutah and douche and he just gives all decent asians a bad name but what to do.
Even amongst Pakistanis he doesnt seem to like the ones who migrated after partition or are urdu speaking.

I was the anonymous that he replied to with those comments. i dont know if replying will make a difference. i guess haters gonna hate and lovers gonna love.

I dont know i just feel so shocked by that comment. Like here we all get along really well maybe because its a smaller community and i thought its similar in UK. Indians and Pakistanis in the Uk generally get along right?

PS. Ayesha..actually i want to request you to say something. there are people agreeing with parts of the comment so could you give your opinion as well. not sure how sweet science will respond but you can post your reply here on this thread if u want.
(edited 12 years ago)

i can understand why you would miss the UAE. Its great to not have to think and buy food. Plus the weather is prob better. Does teh sun come out much?
Are asians treated ok in the uae? or is it just the dark skinned/labourer types who have discrimination? is there discrimination against uae seems very technologically advanced tho.

You have lived in Pakistan so i have to ask what do u think of those comments above by that guy about indians and pakistanis? do u think he is right when he says we have nothing in common? are views like this at all common in Pakistan or in the UK? Do asians get along in the UK?

Sorry to but in, but I think I can contribute tbh :smile:

I'm in Saudi (not UAE, but similar) right now, and I can assure you, the Arabs here treat Pakistanis like ****, they make jokes about us, there is institutional racism in their legal system, they give us all the **** jobs, **** Arabs. It's got to the extent that I know Pakistanis here who won't speak Urdu in public. Feel like having a massive rant about Arabs, but will keep that for another time...

I've also commented on that thread, and that guy, is broadly speaking, correct. Pakistan is slowly becoming more Islamic. Over the last 30 years this is the case, and that is indicative of a broadening divide with India. Pakistani Punjab is still fairly comparable with Indian Punjab. Fairly being the key word, the language is the same and the culture is fairly similar. But the religion is different, and that still makes for big differences. I guess you could compare the richer parts of Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad to Mumbai, Delhi, but you can compare rich people in every part of the world tbh. Views like that are very common in Pakistan, but I think people are a bit more open over here. I don't have any deep hatred towards Indians, and I've got lots of Indian friends. It's because they're all Punjabi, so we have a comparable culture. When I have met Indians from the South, they're very different, they do have considerable cultural differences, and in a few cases, they aren't very friendly. In the UK, asians generally get along, yep.
Reply 6750
Original post by Straight up G

I'm in Saudi (not UAE, but similar)

You doing umrah?

I'm in Saudi (not UAE, but similar) right now, and I can assure you, the Arabs here treat Pakistanis like ****, they make jokes about us, there is institutional racism in their legal system, they give us all the **** jobs, **** Arabs. It's got to the extent that I know Pakistanis here who won't speak Urdu in public. Feel like having a massive rant about Arabs, but will keep that for another time...

I've also commented on that thread, and that guy, is broadly speaking, correct. Pakistan is slowly becoming more Islamic. Over the last 30 years this is the case, and that is indicative of a broadening divide with India. Pakistani Punjab is still fairly comparable with Indian Punjab. Fairly being the key word, the language is the same and the culture is fairly similar. But the religion is different, and that still makes for big differences. I guess you could compare the richer parts of Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad to Mumbai, Delhi, but you can compare rich people in every part of the world tbh. Views like that are very common in Pakistan, but I think people are a bit more open over here. I don't have any deep hatred towards Indians, and I've got lots of Indian friends. It's because they're all Punjabi, so we have a comparable culture. When I have met Indians from the South, they're very different, they do have considerable cultural differences, and in a few cases, they aren't very friendly. In the UK, asians generally get along, yep.

Thanks for the insights. I've heard a lot about you Mr. Straight up G. :smile:
That's sad to hear that Pakistanis get treated badly in Saudi. Things must be better in uae though? I can imagine Indians get treated badly as well.
I came across this video from Qatar. Its quite shocking to be honest.

There is no equivalent in any other asian country. despite animosity and all that there's no " No Indian/Pakistani/Bengali" day one day of the week.

I guess the racism against darker skinned people is probably greater.
Its sad that one would have to hide their culture and background to fit in. I wonder if there's anything we can do to change Arabs views against non-Arabs and make them more accepting. not speaking urdu and trying to make oneself more Arab isnt going to make them like asians more. better to be proud of what you have.

Are all your Indian friends Punjabi? Do you have urdu speaking friends as well? It's true that Pakistan is becoming more Islamic but that shouldnt mean there should be animosity towards non-Islamic cultures. There is no guarantee that if someone has similar religious beliefs they would always be friendly. I am sure Pakistanis are treated better and respected more in India than Saudi or UAE, they why should there be so much distancing. Just saying we have things in common doesn't mean we are teh same.
I like to think that as asians we have soem commonalities like people from Europe have. it doesnt mean we have the same identity but we do have some shared values. Culture plays a part- Sri Lankans would find more similarities with SOuth Indians especially if Tamil, Punjabi Indians and Pakistanis will have things in common, Urdu/Hindi speaking people in both countries will have things in common and Bangladeshis will have some things in common with Indian Bengalis. Even people from different parts of same country with different cultures dont get along.

you say you don't have a deep hatred for Indians. Thta's good to hear..but that makes me think you have some sort of hatred.like a milder form of it. You don't though, right?

That's good that asians in UK get along. It would have been sad if they didn't since the UK is like a second subcontinent because there are lots of Indians/Pakistanis.
(edited 12 years ago)
Whilst the bits in bold are debatable, and even offensive, the rest of it is on the right lines tbh. Punjabi Pakistanis have a decent amount in common with (greater) Punjabi Indians, and generally those from around that area, ie between the border and Delhi. Comparing the culture of someone from Mirpur, or Peshawar, to that of someone from Kerala or Tamil Nadu, or Bengal is just plain stupid. I almost pissed myself at the food comment, if anyone's ever had any South Indian food they'll know it's like drinking very heavily flavoured water with a bit of coriander, whereas food from, even Lahore, is dominated by meat and is far drier.

Punjab on both sides of the border is similar, of course. But to restrict the two countries to just Punjab is moronic and laughable.

Im going to reply here because i dont want to go on that thread anymore. Thanks for saying you thought the part in bold was somewhat objectionable.
Well thanks for going on that thread and confirming what sweet science said. so the bolded parts were all you found objectionable? HOw is it debatable and just "even objectionable" to stereotype, generalise and be disrespectful towards an entire group of people just because they're Indian or have darker skin or whatever. I responded to that comment by saying i thought a lot of the british pakistanis here wouldnt agree with such comments but i dont know maybe it was wrong of me to assume too much. If people agree that's ok it's just a valid opinon. I am sure you have more respect for your Indian friends than that.

Obviously different parts have different cuisine. North Indian food is different to South Indian but the non-veg dishes are quite similar. When i go to a Pakistani restaurant or an Indian restaurant i see similar dishes being served like biryani and what not.
I am sure Karachi and Mumbai have similarities as do places in the north as many moved after partition bringing their culture with them. Religion is the main dividing factor between India and Pakistan not exactly anything else.
ANd we do have similarities in language between Hindi and Urdu.
Or do you think the whole point i was making about Indians and Pakistanis having similarities is completely false? Maybe we have nothing in common we have as much common as Iran and Saudi Arabia or Iran and UK then.
Im obviously spending my time here as compared to any other thread on international lounge because i have an inferiority complex as sweet science said or because i am deeply unattractive. I now realise the error of my ways. Thank you for letting me see the light.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6753

Can vouch for you there man, my brother said pretty much the same thing when he went Umrah; does seem to be some cultural conflicts with the Arabs (though the ones in London are bare safe!). Hope Umrah is going incredible bro, iA all your duas will be accepted :smile: On a side note, I think this is my first post on the new thread haha, also got a cheeky offer from gimps today, thought i'd let the main man know first, though looks like an insurance :wink:
Im so boredd
Reply 6755
While yu pakis be discussin on politics, manz eating ramen. Dunnoe.
Original post by Z-Ninja
While yu pakis be discussin on politics, manz eating ramen. Dunnoe.

hahaa whats ramen? :s x
Reply 6757
Original post by x Yazzy M Star'h x
hahaa whats ramen? :s x

Yur not on da levels to understand what kinda food we been blessed wid inni,.. although ramen is like noodles basically :tongue:, try some one day inni truss me dey sik, halal ones doe not haram
Original post by Z-Ninja
Yur not on da levels to understand what kinda food we been blessed wid inni,.. although ramen is like noodles basically :tongue:, try some one day inni truss me dey sik, halal ones doe not haram

looooolzz, ok i sure will try some one day haha thanks for the info!! :tongue:xx
Reply 6759
Original post by x Yazzy M Star'h x
looooolzz, ok i sure will try some one day haha thanks for the info!! :tongue:xx

Its all blessed bladrin :wink:

Latest