The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

I applied for German and Scandinavian Studies!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 801
Original post by et_29
Did you apply for teaching?! :smile:

No Applied sport science :smile:
Reply 802
Original post by gpostleth
No Applied sport science :smile:

Aw, well still, good luck!
Reply 803
Original post by et_29
Aw, well still, good luck!

You too! We're in the same school thing so should hopefully be hearing back around the same time? Let me know how it goes (:
Reply 804
Yeah I was thinking that, hopefully it's not too long !! Thanks :smile: Let me know if you hear anything as well!
I've applied for English Literature! Has anyone heard back from that course yet? Especialy anyone outside of Scotland?
Thanks.
Original post by Aqua_ellen
I've applied for English Literature! Has anyone heard back from that course yet? Especialy anyone outside of Scotland?
Thanks.

From what i hear English is one of the more competitive courses, ridiculous amount of applicants so i wouldn't expect a reply until mid march at least! If you look at the universities admissions statistics on their website you can check how many people applied last year and that generally speaking seems to give a rough idea of how long you're likely to be waiting..... :s-smilie:
Reply 807
Original post by Aqua_ellen
Thanks.

Me too! I sent mine off 10 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting. This has been, and will continue to be, agonising!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by oliviaheleneugenia
I applied for German and Scandinavian Studies!

me too and my name is olivia too how spooky! :biggrin: x x x
(edited 12 years ago)
I think they updated the site, as people could have known if they had an offer before the update by noticing the application status going blank and getting a new 'my fee details' tab.
Reply 810
i am waiting on an edinburgh offer, just wondering when they get announced?

any ideas?

much love
from your good doctor
Original post by SSingh93
Me too! I sent mine off 10 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting. This has been, and will continue to be, agonising!

Hey! How many A*s at GCSE are we meant to have. :s-smilie:
I only have 2! I've got A* A-level predictions but got two Bs at AS.

Panicking here! Lol :smile:
Reply 812
Original post by Bfrenchv
oh lordy Im applying from France as well, and for social anthropology and politics
where are you from?

hey tout le monde, viva La france, I am also french .

I am applying for Ma economics (glasgow: unconditional, st andrews: no offer yet and edinburgh:no offer yet).

Do u think 15/20 is enough for st andrews or edinburgh (I had 15,03 bac ES option math)??

And does Edinburgh ask for ielts or toelf?:confused::confused:
Original post by bbbonnie
Course: English Literature

Offer: I got offered BBB at GCE A-Level ... but I'm currently enrolled for the IB Dipoloma. Very weird that they gave my conditions in A levels, as I'm sure everything on my application were in terms of IB. I've already emailed the university about this error, but they haven't gotten back to me. Anyone have any tips on what I should do?

Reaction: Very happy :smile: I was there this summer and the city is just beautiful.
I agree, it's an amazing city.

they'll get back to you eventually. when i contacted them about tuition fees i think it took them almost a week to reply. i wouldn't be too concerned about it, especially seeing as the entry requirements on their website will probably be the same as your offer.

off the top, it think the IB equivalent of BBB would be a 34. in any case, good luck! :wink:
Reply 814
'Due to essential maintenance, EUCLID will be unavailable between 17:00 on Wednesday 1st February 2012 and 17:00 on Thursday 2nd February 2012.' - offers maybe?
Reply 815
Original post by Reggio
'Due to essential maintenance, EUCLID will be unavailable between 17:00 on Wednesday 1st February 2012 and 17:00 on Thursday 2nd February 2012.' - offers maybe?

Nah, it will be maintenance like it says. Myed, webct and stuff are all going down for a few hours next week, so that will just be more of the same.

They wouldn't need to take EUCLID down to make a bunch of offers anyways, the already are giving offers without having to take it down :p:
Reply 816
Original post by et_29
Did you apply for teaching?! :smile:

I applied for teaching, PE teaching. What about yourself?
Hi, I applied for Community Ed at moray house and I have an interview tomorrow :biggrin:. They let me know last Tuesday.
Reply 818
Original post by Ronda
Nah, it will be maintenance like it says. Myed, webct and stuff are all going down for a few hours next week, so that will just be more of the same.

They wouldn't need to take EUCLID down to make a bunch of offers anyways, the already are giving offers without having to take it down :p:

Yeah, but all the offers seem to be singular, so they might go offer crazy and their internal server won't be able to handle it, hence the maintenance loool :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 819
Original post by danieldbaigrie
Hi, I applied for Community Ed at moray house and I have an interview tomorrow :biggrin:. They let me know last Tuesday.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending