The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

KAISER_MOLE
Not sure if I'm adding much - but there are a couple of mathmo twins in my year, both at Magdalene. Funnily they both have the same initials, so they are indistinguishable on the class list when it comes out (They avoid confusion by both just getting firsts all the time!)
There were a pair of mathmo twins at my college as well. Shared a college room all 3 years and dressed identically too! Came 2nd and 5th (I believe) in Part II, so it seemed to work quite well for them...
Last year, my sister and I both got in to Warwick to study psychology. However, Katie decided to defer her place and take a gap year so that it would be a bit less weird.
Reply 42
aKarma
Shouldn't it be my twin brother and I?
I and my twin brother sounds weird

Unless youre a rastafarian, in which case everyone is referred to as I! So "you and I are both using TSR" would be "I and I use TSR".
I think it because they believe that everyone is spiritually linked so we're all equal (nice idea =D).

But yeah, it would be "my twin brother and I".

Oh and OP, talk to your brother about it! If you decide youd find it annoying, apply to diff. colleges.
Jesus is paticularly nice =D
Enjoy!
Reply 43
I know there were a pair of twins in Madgalene doing mathematics. They even had the same initials, which must have annoyed the porters somewhat when sorting mail... it certainly confused some of my friends, since they also had the same initials as their sister, also at Madgalene doing mathematics, who was supervising us.
Pft, I would have just given them the same pigeon hole and let them deal with it themselves :sly:
Im actually a twin and me and my brother are both in the same college (Homerton) at Cambridge. He applied there whereas mine was an open application but we both ended up there. Personally, it makes no difference to me seeing as I've lived with my brother for the last 20 years anyway (however we both went to different Sixth forms), unless you desperately want to get away of course. It's not annoying having the same group of friends etc as this has always been the case. As for the original question I think it is entirely up to you whether you apply to the same college and you should just go with what you would prefer.
Reply 46
Craghyrax
Lol!
Ok seeing as you're applying for the same course, I'd say go for different colleges. Depending on the college, you might end up in a small year group; (If you break NatScis up into Phys and Bio, and you're both the same) you could be two in six people who all have supervisions together constantly, go to lectures together constantly and so on. In a college environment you'd be in competition with one another quite a bit.
On the other hand, if you go to different colleges, being in the same subject means that you will still naturally be seeing alot of eachother, which could be a nice compromise between the two.

Another point to consider is that if you choose seperate colleges, then you can get the positive sides of both colleges. You'd be able to get into eachother's college libraries/halls and so on easily. In some senses this is quite a plus. (e.g. I don't go to a college with a 24hr library, and there are times when I really wish I could get into other college libraries)
As Arrogant Git has noted, all the twins I know at Cambridge chose to study at different colleges.
However if you think seeing that much of eachother isn't a problem and you actually want to be at the same college, then you've answered your own question. Why not seperately choose the college you most fancy, and just apply there.

As for open applications - who told you that? :confused: 'Weak' in what sense? Its not going to affect your chances, its just handy for people who don't mind either way.

:rofl:

You mean your disastrous attempt to correct his grammar? Well yes, quite.
Are you clairvoyant?
:grumble:

yes I am :yep:
Reply 47
On the plus side, whichever one of you is stronger at interviews can do them both! :p:
I know someone who has triplet siblings, and they all got into the same Oxford college in the same year.

Latest

Trending

Trending