The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Hey. I'm doing F&MS too :smile:
From what I can make out (although info has been very vague lol) The actual course begins on Monday 28th. But, I think they are sending us an email or summat with a specific timetable in :smile:
See u there!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
i have no idea... but im doing film and media too :smile:
Reply 3
Oh that's good then. I thought it was just me who wasn't getting anything in the post or whatever. They've been quite good with sending information though so I trust we'll know soon! See you both there :smile:
Reply 4
i've not had anything yet, I would have thought there'd be some kind of reading/watching list?
Reply 5
Cooljack
i've not had anything yet, I would have thought there'd be some kind of reading/watching list?

Yeah, me too. A friend is doing Law and she got a reading list on Results Day! Obviously I realise it's a completely different course but I expected more correspondence of how to prepare for the beginning of the course.
Reply 6
The only thing ive heard is where to pick up the student card.. im hoping theyll let us know soon if there is anything, im running out of money and i cant order stuff to uni halls cos i dont know where im going!
Reply 7
LincolnHawk
Yeah, me too. A friend is doing Law and she got a reading list on Results Day! Obviously I realise it's a completely different course but I expected more correspondence of how to prepare for the beginning of the course.

yeah, i've heard some pretty bad things about this course to be honest though im not too worried, if worse comes to worse i'll try and get a transfer to Salford.
Cooljack
yeah, i've heard some pretty bad things about this course to be honest though im not too worried, if worse comes to worse i'll try and get a transfer to Salford.

Erm...what sort of bad things? lol
Reply 9
Cooljack

I'm worried now. What have you heard ? lol
Reply 10
LincolnHawk
I'm worried now. What have you heard ? lol

I probably didn't word that very well, bad as in what I want to do for a career rather than actually being a bad course. I've spoken to a few people who are either doing or have done the same course.
Reply 11
does anybody know anything about inductions or anything? i looked on mmu but it said check the welcome letter... and when i checked the letter (im guessing its the right letter) it said check the website... err...??
Reply 12
actually in reply to myself... this might help

Dear Samantha
I am awaiting this information myself from the staff that will be teaching you on the course. Assoon as it is ready it will be sent out to you by email and by post.
Regards.
Phoebe Bois
Assistant Administrator, Programmes OfficeCavendish Building, Manchester School of Art, Cavendish Street, Manchester M15 6BGTel: 0161 247 3525 Fax: 0161 247 6813
Reply 13
samanam
actually in reply to myself... this might help

Dear Samantha
I am awaiting this information myself from the staff that will be teaching you on the course. Assoon as it is ready it will be sent out to you by email and by post.
Regards.
Phoebe Bois
Assistant Administrator, Programmes OfficeCavendish Building, Manchester School of Art, Cavendish Street, Manchester M15 6BGTel: 0161 247 3525 Fax: 0161 247 6813

Thanks for that :smile: No doubt we'll hear something soon then.
Reply 14
has anybody got the email with the timetable and stuff?
all the stuff in brackets (like (HL) and (PB)) im guessing is different groups?
Reply 15
samanam
has anybody got the email with the timetable and stuff?
all the stuff in brackets (like (HL) and (PB)) im guessing is different groups?

the letters in brackets are the tutors I think, it says at the bottom of the time table HL is Helen List and PB is Paul Booth.. It looks like we get Wednesday's and fridays off, or for study days in the spring term.
Reply 16
oh thats cool. i guess they will explain it all when we get there... gonna be strange having to meet new people not done that in soo long. eek.

Latest

Trending

Trending