The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

motiv3
Hey all, basically in the health form there is a particular section regarding immunisations. However, I have no idea about when I received them and the results of said immunisations. Therefore, was wondering, how do I go about finding this out. Do I just ring up my GP and ask for them to give out the details?

Ring them or call into your GP's reception and get a print out. Thats what I did
motiv3
Hey all, basically in the health form there is a particular section regarding immunisations. However, I have no idea about when I received them and the results of said immunisations. Therefore, was wondering, how do I go about finding this out. Do I just ring up my GP and ask for them to give out the details?

Ring up your GP and ask.

EDIT: BEaten! :p:
Reply 3
Did you guys have to pay :P
motiv3
Did you guys have to pay :P

Nope, its only a printout. If you have to get your GP to sign any forms then it is up to them however
Reply 5
It could be lupus
Nope, its only a printout. If you have to get your GP to sign any forms then it is up to them however

Hmm, if thats the case, will get the print-out and then complete the form. Then will give it in to get GP signature. Hopefully, prevent them from overpricing me!
motiv3
Hmm, if thats the case, will get the print-out and then complete the form. Then will give it in to get GP signature. Hopefully, prevent them from overpricing me!

It depends. I had a health form to fill out after I got my offer in February, and my GP never charged me at all. He was actually just encouraging me about doing medicine and saying it was a great career :p: It depends on your GP really
Reply 7
It could be lupus
It depends. I had a health form to fill out after I got my offer in February, and my GP never charged me at all. He was actually just encouraging me about doing medicine and saying it was a great career :p: It depends on your GP really

Hhehee, sounds like you have a decent GP. I on the otherhand, have one who wants me out of the door asap. £30 to see your own medical records is a tad overpriced right?
Prints outs were charged at something like 40p a sheet where I used to work. Costs of me having to walk between computer and printer are high :colone:
motiv3
Hhehee, sounds like you have a decent GP. I on the otherhand, have one who wants me out of the door asap. £30 to see your own medical records is a tad overpriced right?

Definitly. Not only that, but I thought you have a legal right to see your own records, and no-one has the right to stop you. Therefore they would stop you if you did not have £30. :confused:
motiv3
£30 to see your own medical records is a tad overpriced right?

No - you shouldn't be allowed to read your own medical record unsupervised because you might misinterpret what's in there. The supervision bit is costly (and probably to deter people who are just plain curious about what the doc's written about you).
Becca-Sarah
Prints outs were charged at something like 40p a sheet where I used to work. Costs of me having to walk between computer and printer are high :colone:

You can say that again...
Reply 12
Becca-Sarah
No - you shouldn't be allowed to read your own medical record unsupervised because you might misinterpret what's in there. The supervision bit is costly (and probably to deter people who are just plain curious about what the doc's written about you).

also its to help you understand what the GP has wrote because we all know GP writting is illegible.
motiv3
also its to help you understand what the GP has wrote because we all know GP writting is illegible.

I think all GP's now operate a computer based records system. Only your old notes will be on paper, and that is summarised on your main comp record.
Becca-Sarah

The thing is shouldn't and your legal right to do so is two very different things altogether....

However I do understand your point that medical recored can most likely be misinterpreted
Reply 15
Becca-Sarah
I think all GP's now operate a computer based records system. Only your old notes will be on paper, and that is summarised on your main comp record.

as a med student, have you accessed your own medical records?
My GP charged me £25 to tick off literally four boxes on my health form and stamp it. :colonhash:

His reasoning was that in the time he took to tick those boxes, he could have treated another patient and earned the same amount, which I thought was a weird way of putting it. My GP sucks! :sad:
motiv3
as a med student, have you accessed your own medical records?

I worked at the surgery before I became a med student, and I wasn't registered there anyway. So no, I've never seen my own records.
Reply 18
Medicine Man
My GP charged me £25 to tick off literally four boxes on my health form and stamp it. :colonhash:

His reasoning was that in the time he took to tick those boxes, he could have treated another patient and earned the same amount, which I thought was a weird way of putting it. My GP sucks! :sad:

as if, in that time he could have drank a cup of tea and put his feet up for a bit! How do they justify the prices thats all i want to know.

However, that being sad, they do do these forms in their own time so meh.
Medicine Man

Its not a strange reasoning, but it is ridiculous to do so. Seems I am the only one with a good GP :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending