The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

St lukes but studying at streatham ?

I have been allocated a shared room in Birks grange, and people on this forum don't seem to think shared rooms in birks grange are very good. Also, I enjoy personal space.

So I was considering asking the accomodation office about whather I could have a single in St Luke's. However I study physics, at streatham. Has anybody had the experience of studying at Streatham and living at St lukes? If so - what's it like? And how many people will be in that situation?

Also - is it true only one person in a shared room can use the internet at once?
And are all rooms in St Luke's Catered?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes it is true that only one of you can use the internet connection. There are loads of people having to travel to streatham, check out some of the other threads. If I were you I would def ask to swap to st lukes if this is possible, sounds like a much better deal to me. I was gutted at first but having heard all the shared bunk beds etc stories I am so chuffed with Rowancroft. Good luck!! xx
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice. Are all the rooms in St lukes catered? As the website isn't too clear...
desm
Thanks for the advice. Are all the rooms in St lukes catered? As the website isn't too clear...

I thought they were self catered. Rowancroft and Rowancroft Court are at least I think :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I just rang them up and told them I had a shared in birks grange. Immediately the dude offered me an ensuite catered in St lukes. I literally had to rein in my excitement :P
I'll see you on the morning hike Kipperoo :P
But I enjoy walking anyhow - it wakes me up.
Just gotta convince my parents the extra money is worth the privacy :P
Reply 5
I will see you there, i was offered birks shared and rang up straight away and got moved into ensuite catered at st lukes. I am very pleaded to hear that i will not be the only physics student making the trek to streatham. There is a bus which runs every 15 mins from outside the hall up to the uni so it should not be so bad.
Reply 6
We were probably supposed to be sharing :tongue:
Reply 7
Who knows, i would be surprised if they are that organized. however I am sure that they made a room so bad it would force people to go to st lukes or private. See you Sunday the 27th.
Reply 8
whey, at least im not alone, i was offered a plce at college hall at st lukes which is ensuite catered. At least i wont be the only person studying at streatham. See you on the 27th
If its any consolation, I know a guy studying Physics who lived at Rowancroft in our Fresher year and he has never complained about it all, and had a really good time there. I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
If I was you... I'd have held out on the hope that the person I was allocated to share with has gone to st lukes/private sector for accommodation.
Reply 11
The problem with holding out like that is there's a decent chance they won't have moved to st luke's or the private sector.
Reply 12
desm
I just rang them up and told them I had a shared in birks grange. Immediately the dude offered me an ensuite catered in St lukes. I literally had to rein in my excitement :P
I'll see you on the morning hike Kipperoo :P
But I enjoy walking anyhow - it wakes me up.
Just gotta convince my parents the extra money is worth the privacy :P

oooh thats great! :p: glad you got what you wanted, its sooo much better than sharing!! xx
I'm at Nancherrow (St Lukes Hall) and as I've said on other threads...desperate to find some friends =) There are only 15 people in my halls which is a tad scary!
Reply 14
cozy!
Reply 15
Hi,
I have been given a room in college house on st lukes but am studying at Streatham, does anyone know if we take part in the activities on the streatham campus for freshers week or are there seperate ones for the other campus.
bakerj
Hi,
I have been given a room in college house on st lukes but am studying at Streatham, does anyone know if we take part in the activities on the streatham campus for freshers week or are there seperate ones for the other campus.

I'm hoping to =) I think there will be quite a lot of us
...hopefully!
Reply 17
yh, does anyone know if the bus runs between both campuses throughout the night as i dont fancy having a night out in streatham then having to walk back to st lukes
Yeh hopefully there will be a few of us at st lukes who study at streatham
bakerj
yh, does anyone know if the bus runs between both campuses throughout the night as i dont fancy having a night out in streatham then having to walk back to st lukes
Yeh hopefully there will be a few of us at st lukes who study at streatham

Lol no, the Uni bus finishes at like 8pm. You'll only have a night out on Streatham on a Saturday night really, if you go to the Lemmy.
Reply 19
sophisticated
Lol no, the Uni bus finishes at like 8pm. You'll only have a night out on Streatham on a Saturday night really, if you go to the Lemmy.

Oh right thanks, i was just thinking of freshers week as according to the student guild there a quite a few nights planned at the lemmy during freshers week, oh well, looks like a long walk home

Latest

Trending

Trending