The Student Room Group
Reply 1
see my post under this
Reply 2
pilot02
It is my last year in school and i want to do a level physics and geography in college and i want to be a pilot. Is it hard and do they teach you college level physics or school level.

Physics and Maths are essential. Computing also helps a lot. Geography I think is negligible.

If your opting for a commercial pilot route you need a lot of cash to fund your training and at the moment there are many unemployed experienced pilots.

If you want to go into air force note that you have to serve for 12 years mandatory (so if you'd want to go commercial you'll be in you mid thirties by then).

Anyway best of luck. :smile:
Reply 3
theBOON
Physics and Maths are essential. Computing also helps a lot. Geography I think is negligible.

If your opting for a commercial pilot route you need a lot of cash to fund your training and at the moment there are many unemployed experienced pilots.

If you want to go into air force note that you have to serve for 12 years mandatory (so if you'd want to go commercial you'll be in you mid thirties by then).

Anyway best of luck. :smile:

Sorry, I am choosing my A levels at the minute and I was wondering if you think A level Physics is good?:woo:
Reply 4
A level physics is great, but tough. Do well in it (So B, A or A*) then so many doors will be open for you. Many of the top ranking universities regard it as a challenging subject.
I think its a great subject!

Universities do look at it well as it can be confusing. If you got a decent gcse grade then go for it. Maths isnt essential though if you are worried about maths
Reply 6
I'd say go for it! I'm going into Year 12 to start Physics at AS and then A2. I got an A* at GCSE, and I find it a really interesting subject. So I'd say if you have an interest in it, and you're willing to work hard to grasp the concepts and formulae, then do it. :smile:

All the best for whatever you decide!

Latest

Trending

Trending