The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

do I really need to take my passport??? Ive got driving license as ID.
Kinza

If you end up getting a part time job, or going on a random trip out of the country then you'll need your passport. It's more useful to have it on you than having it at home and having it sent recorded delivery (which at £6 isn't cheap). Also if you were to loose your liscence, you could use it as ID.
Although you could live with it at home, I'm sure it would be more covinient to have it.
Reply 82
ahh that's long. take a suit up?? ffs. bad times.
Reply 83
Is it really necessary to bring a suit? How often will it be used and how much it will cost to buy one in UK?
Thanks for help .
Reply 84
Hi ever since I was about 11 I have always worn an apron when I have been cooking or washing up. I am starting at Uni this year and I'm actually scared of taking/wearing it.

Is it acceptable to wear a apron when cooking at uni or not?

Thoughts welcome?
If you prefer wearing one, then wear one! You'll probably be the only one in your flat who even owns one, but that doesn't mean you have to stop :smile:
i would for baking but not anything else really hmmmm
Reply 87
Well... anyone who's bothered about you wearing an apron whilst cooking really isn't worth knowing.

Be your free apron wearing self!
Just wear it! I'm sure no one will mind...and if they do, just accidentally on purpose spill something on them, and then they will wish they had an apron :smile:
Reply 89
As long as you don't go naked underneath, then of course. Why not.
Reply 90
Wow, people still wear aprons?!
Reply 91
I would probably point and laugh at the weird kid in the apron
Lol personally no, don't do it. But on the flip side it might be a good thing, you'll earn yourself a title like 'the one who wears an apron'...it's better than being ''the one who.....you know...what'shername''.
I think it's a good idea. If I'd have bothered wearing an apron when cooking/washing up when I was a student, I'd have saved a fortune on laundry. I'm a messy cook :o:
Reply 94
If you're a girl, then go ahead, otherwise, you should probably wear something you don't mind getting stained in the kitchen instead of an apron.
Reply 95
I took an apron with me to uni, but then again I took every bit of kitchen equipment that is known to mankind. People didn't think I was weird but kinda guessed I liked cooking :P
Reply 96
Kinza

I wouldn't personally take my passport, but I did scan a copy of it into my computer to take to my company when I started a part-time job.
Reply 97
aKarma
Shaver socket thing if you use an electric one
Sufficient lighting/floor lamps if you're not in modern accommodation

I actually thought the ant in your sig was real...I should go to bed.:rolleyes:
In the cook book I bought it said buy a plastic apron as one of the guys in the book had burnt himself by spilling his cooking on him.
Reply 99
sidewalkwhenshewalks
I'm going to be a bit more specific than most people probably will be, because i hate vague answers to these questions. Everything I am taking the 150 or so miles to manchester;

Spoiler

There a few things I need to get when i get there, like posters to make my room less like a cell, and eventually another pair of jeans (i'm picky, it takes me ages to find ones i like :frown: )

hope that helps

Wow, that's some list! I've got to buy most of my stuff there, so I'm not that concerned about leaving things, as long as it's not something really important (results etc!)/expensive (PS3 so I can eventually sell it & Laptop)/hard to get a new one (Passport/Driving License etc). You not got passport photos on there? Or does that come under documents? My uni seem to want (in the words of their letter) “at least 4 on arrival”, in addition to the 2 they’ve already had :eek:

I've just got a few jeans and a few jumpers (I don't wear tshirts anyway). I need new ones but my suitcase is annoying enough when half full for holidays, so don't want to shove too much into it. Anyway I know I'll be forced to shopping spree with friends (& credit card/student loan!).

Lazuliblue
Just wear it! I'm sure no one will mind...and if they do, just accidentally on purpose spill something on them, and then they will wish they had an apron :smile:

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending