The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

KirstyK
I am quite excited to meet a lovely bunch(:smile:!), because I'm sure FiveFiveSix doesn't represent the entire English and Exeter population.

True. Pardon me for getting involved. Carry on :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
jakeuk1
FiveFiveSix
D'ya think I could get away with aluminium crutches though? Don't really think they were de rigueur back in the day... Shame I left my wooden ones in Thailand really, always suspected they'd come in handy some day...

Pimp Stick. 'Nuff Said.

:top:
hey has everyone got thier tickets for this yet? i was planning of buying mine during freshers week, but will this be too late?
DreamsComeTrue.
hey has everyone got thier tickets for this yet? i was planning of buying mine during freshers week, but will this be too late?

If you're worried about missing out then just buy them now, surely? Why put it off when you could end up kicking yourself later?
Reply 44
sophisticated
If you're worried about missing out then just buy them now, surely? Why put it off when you could end up kicking yourself later?

Seconded.

I booked mine a couple days ago - there is the option to collect it from the box office itself once you get to Exeter which is what I chose to do, rather than having it sent to me just in case it doesn't arrive before I move, or I lose it upon travelling to Exeter (the latter of which is more likely!)
jakeuk1
Seconded.

I booked mine a couple days ago - there is the option to collect it from the box office itself once you get to Exeter which is what I chose to do, rather than having it sent to me just in case it doesn't arrive before I move, or I lose it upon travelling to Exeter (the latter of which is more likely!)

yeah i was thinking of just booking it, but i'm not 100% sure i want to go... i mean a moulin rouge theme is not my kind of thing and i'm not the party person either so a themed party like this when i don't know anyone will just scare me :frown::frown: but i don't want to miss the freshers ball.. as i know i will regret it looking back!... what do do....?:frown:
DreamsComeTrue.
yeah i was thinking of just booking it, but i'm not 100% sure i want to go... i mean a moulin rouge theme is not my kind of thing and i'm not the party person either so a themed party like this when i don't know anyone will just scare me :frown::frown: but i don't want to miss the freshers ball.. as i know i will regret it looking back!... what do do....?:frown:

What IS your kind of thing? :colone:
Reply 47
DreamsComeTrue.

To be honest I had also considered not going - but frankly, it's a fresher's ball and I'm a fresher, so I just put two and two together. It's also worth noting that it's likely that you will end up being a minority if you don't go. Just think about everyone in your flat getting ready to go out for the big night whilst you are sitting in the kitchen in your sweats eating bread from the bag and dipping it in anything runnier than bread ... not a good thought.

At the end of the day it's all in good fun, and being that you're female - you'll get to wear a nice dress for the evening which I know women love doing!
jakeuk1
To be honest I had also considered not going - but frankly, it's a fresher's ball and I'm a fresher, so I just put two and two together. It's also worth noting that it's likely that you will end up being a minority if you don't go. Just think about everyone in your flat getting ready to go out for the big night whilst you are sitting in the kitchen in your sweats eating bread from the bag and dipping it in anything runnier than bread ... not a good thought.

At the end of the day it's all in good fun, and being that you're female - you'll get to wear a nice dress for the evening which I know women love doing!

lol the "nice dress" bit was also one of the things worrying me :frown: if i did go, i would attend very very underdressed for the theme, but i don't know how far other girls are gonna go as it wouldn't be that bad if there were others like me who don't go all out on the theme :p: so have you brought your ticket then?
Reply 49
DreamsComeTrue.
lol the "nice dress" bit was also one of the things worrying me :frown: if i did go, i would attend very very underdressed for the theme, but i don't know how far other girls are gonna go as it wouldn't be that bad if there were others like me who don't go all out on the theme :p: so have you brought your ticket then?

I find it unlikely that girls will be wearing corsets, suspenders and stockings (to my dismay) and so I'd imagine that they'd wear some kind of "fancy" dress - at least, that's the impression I have after talking to some girls who are attending. It is much easier for guys, as we can just wear a suit and throw in the odd accessory like a top hat or cane? And yeah I've bought my ticket and will be collecting it when I move to Exeter next Saturday.
jakeuk1
I find it unlikely that girls will be wearing corsets, suspenders and stockings (to my dismay) and so I'd imagine that they'd wear some kind of "fancy" dress - at least, that's the impression I have after talking to some girls who are attending. It is much easier for guys, as we can just wear a suit and throw in the odd accessory like a top hat or cane? And yeah I've bought my ticket and will be collecting it when I move to Exeter next Saturday.

ahh, i really want to go now!! i'm i don't want to get into a habit of buying things online, so i'll buy it in person as soon as i get there,(a day after u) and also i can use my NUS card for a discount :smile: lol, i agree, its much easier for guys in general to go to parties as a suit can be good for any normal party (unless its specific fancy dress) but girls have to have several outfits :frown: most of my luggage will be mainly clothes. lol.
I didn't go to the Freshers ball and neither did any of my flatmates. I don't think it was that good. I heard that people just stuck together in their little groups from halls, so it wasn't really a good opportunity to meet new people. I certainly don't regret not going. If you don't want to go, then don't. There'll be plenty of other chances to mingle at other events, and societies etc.
I went, I was horrible ill (with a chest infection, not alcohol), and spent most of the time curled up in one of the long lounge sofa's feeling sorry for myself. There was only 10-15 from my hall who went anyway. Not a big deal, not worth the money - dress was nice though xD
hmm i suppose it depends on whether i know anyone by then who is going as i don't want to go if i don't know anyone there as its just a nightmare :frown: and i do think £25 for the ticket is a bit pricey...so it might not be worth it. ?
Reply 54
jakeuk1

Haha not talking about me are you? haha
Fi_1

What, with the corsets, suspenders etc...?

:coma:
Reply 56
Last year the theme was American Dream, and it was more the decor and food that was influenced by the theme, about 98% of people just wore normal evening clothes and then a couple came as hillbillys, truckers and cowboys lol! So I wouldnt worry about it :smile:
Reply 57
Fi_1

Nooooo .. you're going in just French knickers, aren't you? :wink:
jakeuk1
Nooooo .. you're going in just French knickers, aren't you? :wink:

I'm a bad man, a bad, bad man :no:
Reply 59
FiveFiveSix
I'm a bad man, a bad, bad man :no:

Ditto. Accept it ... nay, embrace it. :ahee:

Latest