The Student Room Group

For AQA Literature, what is the best way to revise?

I am not sure whether I should revise/ learn quotes, focusing on the key themes. Or whether i should revise based on characters or revise per act, especially in terms of Othello. Also, how many quotes would you recommend memorising in total?
Reply 1
We have been told to try and aim to remember 15 key quotes to achieve a higher level. From my experience, I also think that key themes would be really crucial to revise as they are something that can be quite hard to remember and be able to dig into especially when you are also studying other texts.
Reply 2
Original post by Rxwan_cl
We have been told to try and aim to remember 15 key quotes to achieve a higher level. From my experience, I also think that key themes would be really crucial to revise as they are something that can be quite hard to remember and be able to dig into especially when you are also studying other texts.
15 quotes? For one whole text? I will focus on the key themes then, thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Miracle1402
I am not sure whether I should revise/ learn quotes, focusing on the key themes. Or whether i should revise based on characters or revise per act, especially in terms of Othello. Also, how many quotes would you recommend memorising in total?
The best revision always depends on the person, but for literature, I would say themes are definitely the most important, but make sure to also revise how specific events and things characters do or say link to the themes. That way, you'll be able to talk about characters as well. Also think about quotes that link to each key theme - maybe make a list of good quotes for each one to memorise. Essentially, if you revise based on the key themes, you should cover everything else anyway, as everything will link to at least one theme somehow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending