The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

dynamix
imtalking about mill hill and edgware

Mill Hill? You know its nickname is Kill Hill?

And Edgware? Don't even get me started....

They call Edgware Broadway the Green Mile....
Reply 21
Delta_Aitch
I'm just wondering why the hell you were the first person to say this :facepalm2:
I came into this thread expecting most people to give the most obvious answer -- how mistaken I was.

TSR fails, occasionally.

Nice profile pic btw, probably how some of my cousins look.
dynamix
imtalking about mill hill and edgware

It's probably just as safe as where you live.
I've lived in New Cross and Mile End. Never had any trouble or even a sniff of it in New X, in Mile End I've had to walk past/through some dodgy looking gangs, even at night sometimes, and nothing...then again some drunk tried to attack me with a whiskey bottle at 8.30am outside Mile End station.

tl;dr - it's hit and miss, to pardon the pun.
Hackney lol.
Reply 25
Brixton: You WILL get mugged. Especially if you look like a rich kid from the suburbs, they have radar for stuff like that.
AP.
TSR fails, occasionally.

Nice profile pic btw, probably how some of my cousins look.

Hahaha, I managed to convince a poor dear that it was me ..and later that it was my mum.

TSR does fail occasionally :laugh:
Reply 27
I think there's a slight misconception that if the area is wealthy then you will be safe. I live in Stratford, East London and well it's pretty rough - YET, I've never been mugged in my life (and in case your wondering, I'm only 5ft 9, and pretty skinny!)

My mate on the other hand, who lives in Wanstead, a few miles away but much posher has been mugged 3 times - his brother many more times. There's another affluent part of town which I was told was a mugging hotspot, yet there isn't an estate to be found with house prices double what they are in Stratford.

I'm guessing this is because more affluent areas are likely to have richer people in them, and therefore muggers will move towards these ares - in search for richer profits.

I've prob but a dampner on how safe London is - in general it's not the safest place in the world - BUT as long as you're not an idiot its pretty unlikely to find yourself in trouble - and I could happily live here for the rest of my life!
dynamix
how is north west london in particular? anyone know?

It depends, its so big! Areas such as Hampstead (NW3), St. Johns Wood (NW8), Hendon (NW4), Golders Green (NW11) Mill Hill (NW7), West Hampstead (NW6) are fine.

Areas within NW1 (Camden Town) and NW5 (Kentish Town) are not to bad, these are where most of the bars/clubs are and you get a mix of people from Goths to Somalians!

The worst NW area by far is NW10, this is the Willesden Junction/Harlesdon/North Kensington area and it really isn't very nice, I am sure its had the highest murder rate in the UK more than Hackney which is a few boroughs to the East. Its a real gangster area with loads of crime oh and its a poor, run down area.

Parts of North London are fine too. Islington (N1), East Finchley & Finchley (N2 & N3), Highbury (N5), Highgate (N6), Crouch End (N8), Muswell Hill (N10), North Finchley (N12/N11), Southgate (N14/N11), Totteridge (N20) and Winchmore Hill (N21) are all fine, actually they are very nice. These areas are full of Middle Class people soeverything is expensive! but they are nice places, you don't have to worry about getting stabbed!

However, there are some horrible places, particulary the eastern part of North London e.g. Tottenham South (N15), Tottenham Hale (N17), Wood Green (N22), Lower & Upper Edmonton (N18 & N9), Stoke Newington (N16). Horrible areas, gangs with knifes, drugs, poverty.

The ok areas are generally N7 (Holloway/Barnsbury) although I wouldn't venture there, N19 (Upper Holloway/Tufnel Park), N4 (Finsbury Park). These areas are not too bad but I would not reccommend going to these areas as they can be dangerous at times.

I would avoid all of East London! the docklands are ok (E14) and the suburbs i.e. Wanstead/Snaresbrook (E11) and Chingford (E4) but areas in E5, E6, E8, E9, E10, E2, E3 are not nice.

then we come to south east london. I don't really venture to the other side but I know that SE1 (waterloo/london bridge) are ok in the day but its a different story at night! SE17 (Walworth) is home to a rough estate named the Alesbury and I have heard its very bad, SE5 (Camberwell) I have been through there at night and there are loads of gangs on the corners! SE15 (Peckham) like SE5, yeah thats all I know about SE London, I know that the suburbs are fine but stay away from hre!

Central London EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, WC1, WC2, W1 & SW1, these are all fine.

Most of South West London is nice, SW1, SW3 (Chelsea), SW6 (Fulham), SW4 (Clapham; west and south), SW5 & SW7 (Nr South Ken), Wimbledon (SW19) Barnes, Mortlake, Kingston, Sutton are all nice.

Obviously Brixton, Stockwell etc are not nice very rough (SW2, SW9).

West London is very strange, at one end of the spectrum you have the wealthiest area of London, and at the other its the poorest. Most of west London is fine (W1, W2 (Majority not Edgware Road), W4, W5, W6, W14, W10, W11 (parts) are all ok.

Sorry for that very long post, sorry for the bad spelling, sorry for the bad punctuation. I cant beleive that I just wrote all that! :smile:

Hope that helped a little!
Reply 29
Delta_Aitch
Hahaha, I managed to convince a poor dear that it was me ..and later that it was my mum.

TSR does fail occasionally :laugh:

I didn't know that girls' name was Shay Laren, I've seen that on a couple of spoilers before.

Thanks for naming, armed with that info I've now found some even better shots :coma:
Reply 30
wadewadewade
I've lived in New Cross and Mile End. Never had any trouble or even a sniff of it in New X, in Mile End I've had to walk past/through some dodgy looking gangs, even at night sometimes, and nothing...then again some drunk tried to attack me with a whiskey bottle at 8.30am outside Mile End station.

tl;dr - it's hit and miss, to pardon the pun.

Just :rofl:
AP.
I didn't know that girls' name was Shay Laren, I've seen that on a couple of spoilers before.

Thanks for naming, armed with that info I've now found some even better shots

Lol! Ahh no problem, I aim to make the lives of the TSR male population easy.
:teeth:
Reply 32
London is ok, North Manchester is pretty bad at day and at night there's zombies.
Reply 33
Delta_Aitch
Lol! Ahh no problem, I aim to make the lives of the TSR male population easy.
:teeth:

QFT :yep:

I'll hold you to that :colone:
London271
It depends, its so big! Areas such as Hampstead (NW3), St. Johns Wood (NW8), Hendon (NW4), Golders Green (NW11) Mill Hill (NW7), West Hampstead (NW6) are fine.

Areas within NW1 (Camden Town) and NW5 (Kentish Town) are not to bad, these are where most of the bars/clubs are and you get a mix of people from Goths to Somalians!

The worst NW area by far is NW10, this is the Willesden Junction/Harlesdon/North Kensington area and it really isn't very nice, I am sure its had the highest murder rate in the UK more than Hackney which is a few boroughs to the East. Its a real gangster area with loads of crime oh and its a poor, run down area.

Parts of North London are fine too. Islington (N1), East Finchley & Finchley (N2 & N3), Highbury (N5), Highgate (N6), Crouch End (N8), Muswell Hill (N10), North Finchley (N12/N11), Southgate (N14/N11), Totteridge (N20) and Winchmore Hill (N21) are all fine, actually they are very nice. These areas are full of Middle Class people soeverything is expensive! but they are nice places, you don't have to worry about getting stabbed!

However, there are some horrible places, particulary the eastern part of North London e.g. Tottenham South (N15), Tottenham Hale (N17), Wood Green (N22), Lower & Upper Edmonton (N18 & N9), Stoke Newington (N16). Horrible areas, gangs with knifes, drugs, poverty.

The ok areas are generally N7 (Holloway/Barnsbury) although I wouldn't venture there, N19 (Upper Holloway/Tufnel Park), N4 (Finsbury Park). These areas are not too bad but I would not reccommend going to these areas as they can be dangerous at times.

I would avoid all of East London! the docklands are ok (E14) and the suburbs i.e. Wanstead/Snaresbrook (E11) and Chingford (E4) but areas in E5, E6, E8, E9, E10, E2, E3 are not nice.

then we come to south east london. I don't really venture to the other side but I know that SE1 (waterloo/london bridge) are ok in the day but its a different story at night! SE17 (Walworth) is home to a rough estate named the Alesbury and I have heard its very bad, SE5 (Camberwell) I have been through there at night and there are loads of gangs on the corners! SE15 (Peckham) like SE5, yeah thats all I know about SE London, I know that the suburbs are fine but stay away from hre!

Central London EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, WC1, WC2, W1 & SW1, these are all fine.

Most of South West London is nice, SW1, SW3 (Chelsea), SW6 (Fulham), SW4 (Clapham; west and south), SW5 & SW7 (Nr South Ken), Wimbledon (SW19) Barnes, Mortlake, Kingston, Sutton are all nice.

Obviously Brixton, Stockwell etc are not nice very rough (SW2, SW9).

West London is very strange, at one end of the spectrum you have the wealthiest area of London, and at the other its the poorest. Most of west London is fine (W1, W2 (Majority not Edgware Road), W4, W5, W6, W14, W10, W11 (parts) are all ok.

Sorry for that very long post, sorry for the bad spelling, sorry for the bad punctuation. I cant beleive that I just wrote all that! :smile:

Hope that helped a little!

You forgot WC3.
AP.
QFT :yep:

I'll hold you to that :colone:

Oh, please do :coma:
Meh it's not that bad, but there are certain areas where it's not safe to go on your own
Reply 37
Delta_Aitch
Oh, please do :coma:

You have to delete Cam Gigandet though, he's a pansy :sadnod:
AP.
You have to delete Cam Gigandet though, he's a pansy

..:shock:
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
JackDaniels^
You forgot WC3.

There isn't a WC3! :p:

Latest