The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol....sorry but it is funny.
Reply 2
12 is very young to have a sex change I would have thought?. Poor girl I cannot imagine what she must be going through at school.Perhaps there is more to this story than meets the eye, it could be that the child may have been born an haemaphrodite ( thats probably spelt wrong btw) and maybe thats why they got a sex change at 12. Having said that though, I would have thought that if they were born that way, any operation would have been carried out before now?.
Reply 3
Oh dear.
well 'she' isn't going to get any bf at this school is he-i mean she
Reply 5
That's really embarrassing for her. It's way too young to be going through this issue.

In year 7 at my school, people were ridiculed for being a bit camp. It must be hell for the girl/boy.
I think its a bit young to have a sex change i think the parents should give him a couple more years when he fully experiences puberty to then make a decision.

But yeah, Poor Kid
Reply 7
:lolwut:

I remember at 12 years of age I was playing Pokemon...no care in the world...how times have changed
Annie72
12 is very young to have a sex change I would have thought?. Poor girl I cannot imagine what she must be going through at school.

I thought this. I'm not even sure if I was aware of sex changes when I was 12.:woo:
I think they should have told the parents though so they could have talked about the issue with their kids.
Reply 9
They want the best for their child? how can he be possibly sure that is what he wants! I know loads of boys who used to play with dolls, push prams round, want their hair plaiting and all kinds and now they are very manly men! When i was younger i used to be a huge tomboy and want to be a boy, imagine if i had been let to do that! Id be horrified now as i have changed so much! To allow him to go through with such a big operation at such a young age is monstrous, what if he changes his mind when he is older? I think his/her parents are very irresponsible.

EDIT: well i say wanted to be a boy, i never would have imagined in that sense, i mean as in wished i was sometimes haha, all my friends were boys when i was younger so i felt different and weird..then now as ive grown up i love being a woman :smile:
That poor kid :frown:
Why would the parents send her to the same school as a load of kids who knew her beforehand?
Too young. The kid shouldn't be allowed.
Reply 13
That is ****** up. Should be the kids decision 100% and that surely means waiting till they're 18 and deemed 100% capable of making a decision for themselves?!
As long as it doesn't get to the point where the children aren't strong-mindedly doing it for themselves in a long-held belief that they should be the opposite gender, I don't really see it as much of an issue. Studies have shown that male and female children are naturally inclined to play with a particular type of toy, for example (which extends to the ape families), but the level at which nurture and their upbringing has an effect on the way the child views themselves should be a concern.
Joseph90
That's really embarrassing for her. It's way too young to be going through this issue.

In year 7 at my school, people were ridiculed for being a bit camp. It must be hell for the girl/boy.

I know what you're saying.
If this was my secondary school, a few nasty words wouldn't even be the tip of the iceberg.
Reply 16
That's horrible, she must go through hell now that everyone knows :s-smilie: they should have just changed school and perhaps only inform the staff?

I agree with the parents that they should have atleast informed them!
Red_Sky
That is ****** up. Should be the kids decision 100% and that surely means waiting till they're 18 and deemed 100% capable of making a decision for themselves?!

I believe that it becomes significantly more difficult to perform this sort of treatment once the person has been through puberty.
There was a biological girl in my secondary school, who lived her life as a guy and was very open about it even from the age of 11/12. Although a few people talked about it, the guy had LOADS of friends and a girlfriend for at least four years, they were both super nice. This was in an all girls school and the school itself definitely wasn't very open-minded but did get rid of most bullying.

I think 12 is a young age to opt for a sex change but a perfectly ok age for someone to live their life in the gender they feel they are. We weren't all that naive at 12 :p:
Poor kid. They may as well move. I can't see the situation suddenly becoming pleasant.

Children are masters at cruelty.

Latest

Trending

Trending