The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

maxfire
Being bothered to look on websites for biased articles =/= being rich.

Research is biased whenever it draws a conclusion that you don't like? :rofl:
Reply 61
Look at all of the richest men in the world.

Most of them are innovators in their field and most of them have a passion and drive which surpasses all others.

YOu wont get rich unless you love your work.

These people did what they wanted to do and as a consequence became rich, they didn't do somehting they had no interest in to get rich.

Personally i believe leaving a legacy behind you and having contributed to the world through a breakthrough in your field much more important than amking money.

Money will be forgotten great men will always be remembered.
Reply 62
Pink Bullets
Research is biased whenever it draws a conclusion that you don't like? :rofl:

When did I say I don't like the conclusion it came to?
If I remember correctly I said people can be happy with or without money.
Reply 63
Its already been said but surely with the right work ethic and drive you can become rich in most jobs?
Reply 64
First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women.

The OP is right Money = Power. Homer proved it so.
Reply 65
Libtolu
Look at all of the richest men in the world.

YOu wont get rich unless you love your work.

These people did what they wanted to do and as a consequence became rich, they didn't do somehting they had no interest in to get rich.

That ain't entirely right, in most cases it's correct. But in many cases I ouldn't say so.

The second one isn't correct neither- the ambition was to get rich at the end for many people that is the purpose of their hardwork
Venom123

The second one isn't correct neither- the ambition was to get rich at the end for many people that is the purpose of their hardwork

Yeah I mean... look at dentistry students. Plenty of people go into dentistry knowing there's a guaranteed job and good pay at the end of it... but... I mean come on... no one actually has "a passion" for working with teeth. That's why dentistry as a profession has such a high suicide rate! They've got their pennies, their family is comfortably well off... but they're bored out of their skulls.
Reply 67
O-Ren
It might buy him a beautiful wife, but it won't buy him a beautiful wife who loves him.

Cj-Tj
Buy yourself a beautiful wife? What, one from Russia who once shes married and got a British passport will empty your millions and go back to her homeland? Please, if thats all you aspire to in life you need to see beyond the gate. Your just asking for gold-diggers with that attitude.

Apparently I'm really bad at showing sarcasm in written form. :rolleyes:

But out of interest, to all the people saying that "money can't buy you happiness" do you even have that kind of money are you talking about? just from the fact that you are all presumably sitting behind computer screens, with internet access, in a warm house, with food and shelter, water and electricity, an education... you are incredibly rich by world standards.
Just because we live in a society where those priviledges are rights doesn't make them any less riches. I'm not suggesting you take any of these things for granted, but there's no denying that some of these modern day necessities are luxuries that you would be miserable without.

And you don't actually see many billionnaires and millionnaires crying about how unhappy they are, do you? Maybe in the movies, but not in real life. I don't see many of them giving all their money away to charity to go live off the land as a hermit. Can't be that bad can it? If he ends up marrying a gold-digger, she'll be good to him as long as the money is there and as long as they have something to offer eachother. Lol, she'll probably be a whole lot better then someone who couldn't care less about the money (tongue firmly in cheek). Having money doesn't automatically make you lonely and stupid.

Anyway, if the OP's pursuit of happiness involves making disgusting obscenely large amounts of money, nobody is really in a position to tell him that he is wrong. It's his life, and assuming that he is not hurting anybody along the way, I say go for it.
Reply 68
Bhumbauze
Yeah I mean... look at dentistry students. Plenty of people go into dentistry knowing there's a guaranteed job and good pay at the end of it... but... I mean come on... no one actually has "a passion" for working with teeth. That's why dentistry as a profession has such a high suicide rate! They've got their pennies, their family is comfortably well off... but they're bored out of their skulls.

Dentits aint rich tho.

They're comfortable but not rich, to me rich = tens of millions.
Reply 69
Cj-Tj

Money WILL NOT buy you happiness, it never has and never will. It'll make life easier, for sure. But what do you do with £10m? You cant spend it on anything useful, so you'll waste it on material possessions, which in the end will become worthless.

Not true. Not just material possessions. You can BUY peoples LOVE (i.e. gold-digger). :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending