The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ish. It is bout 10 years out of date. The dispensing fee is now about 65p and the remuneration comes from other services such as MUR's, EHC, smoking cessation and advanced services such as clinical review, pharmacist led clinics, minor ailments prescribing etc. The global sum, i.e. how much the government is willing to pay a pharmacy, has not changed, but pharmacy owners are expected to provide more clinical services rather than just to dispense. The stuff about the generics is also misleading, as the government is on to this and discounts will be clawed back in the following financial year. If you want a more accurate idea of how pharmacy owners get paid, take a look at the PSNC website www.psnc.org.uk
Reply 2
£20 an hour! That's very low. When I do locums I get £25 now and more in evenings/weekends.
Reply 3
From the 3 Pharmacists I know, I'd say it's more like £40k-50k/year.

Another friend only does Locum work and is around £60k/year pro rata...she only does 25-30 hrs/week.
Reply 4
This article isnt about locuming though, its about payments to community pharmacies. Having said that, locuming is very stressful so its not for everyone. I like doing it occasionally as I work at a uni so it keeps me in with the profession.
can you locum/work in a pharmacy during your degree and which unis are good for pharmacy as I am going to use it for my 5th option

No far away ones from london though :biggrin:
Reply 6
pharmgirl
... its about payments to community pharmacies.

Hence why the first part of the post referred to commumity Pharmacists.

And as Locums had already been mentioned, the second part was relevent to the thread as a whole.
Reply 7
infernalcradle
can you locum/work in a pharmacy during your degree and which unis are good for pharmacy as I am going to use it for my 5th option

No far away ones from london though :biggrin:

Not really. You can work alongside a pharmacist, but why would they employ 2 when 1 will do
Reply 8
how much is the pay in industry and is it really hard to get a job in it

Latest

Trending

Trending