The Student Room Group

Audit apprenticeship

have gotten offers for audit apprenticeships from the big 4 but I’m not sure if I should pursue it.
At the end of the 4 years I should be an ACA qualified chartered accountant and should be a senior associate.

I want a job with a decent work life balance whilst still earning good money.
My other alternative is to do pharmacy and do locus work and earn £350 a day so roughly £80K working 47 weeks.

Do u guys think accounting could offer me a similar life. I’ve heard people saying busy season is woeful and you end up working 50 hour weeks and that once you go above 80K you begin to take on lots of stress at work.

I want a job that pays decent whilst not being extremely stressful. Do you guys have any ideas to help me out?
Reply 1
Original post by LBJLBJ975310
have gotten offers for audit apprenticeships from the big 4 but I’m not sure if I should pursue it.
At the end of the 4 years I should be an ACA qualified chartered accountant and should be a senior associate.

I want a job with a decent work life balance whilst still earning good money.
My other alternative is to do pharmacy and do locus work and earn £350 a day so roughly £80K working 47 weeks.

Do u guys think accounting could offer me a similar life. I’ve heard people saying busy season is woeful and you end up working 50 hour weeks and that once you go above 80K you begin to take on lots of stress at work.

I want a job that pays decent whilst not being extremely stressful. Do you guys have any ideas to help me out?

Congratulations on getting your offers i was trying to do the same but the application process was so long i gave up lol, so i applied to pharmacy at university instead. If i was in your position i think i would be more inclined to take on the apprenticeship but that's just my personal preference as I've heard that pharmacy pay is not great but i'm no expert.

The other alternative would be to do a pharmacy degree and if you change your mind you can always train to be a chartered accountant after your degree which would take 3 years.

I'd like to note that pharmacy is no less stressful than accounting as you have a great degree of responsibility and if your working as a community locum you often have to deal with rude customers and sometimes poor working conditions, not to mention having to be on your feet all day. At least as an accountant you'll have a nice office with good company benefits, incentives, and a good salary too.
Original post by LBJLBJ975310
I want a job that pays decent whilst not being extremely stressful.

Then you definitely don't want to do audit lol.

If you're willing to stick it out for three years, getting the ACA does mean you can get a cushy management accountant job which is decently paid and not too stressful. Those three years will be hell though.
Reply 3
Original post by emptyfield
Then you definitely don't want to do audit lol.

If you're willing to stick it out for three years, getting the ACA does mean you can get a cushy management accountant job which is decently paid and not too stressful. Those three years will be hell though.

Yh that was the plan. People in my family told me to work my way up to manager or senior manager in the big 4 ,which shouldn't be too hard and then just move into the NHS and get paid like 80-90K or go abroad to the middle east.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending