The Student Room Group

I need help/advice on deciding which university to go !!!!!

Ok i really do need all of your lots advice here guys !

anyways im 20 years old and currently going to london metropolitan university and doing a HND, i am in my last year and about to finish but now i have to decide which subject and which university i want to do it in.

should i do 2 years in london metropolitan university (economics)

OR

4 years in university of glasgow (economics)

after that i will go on to do a masters degree which will take 1-2 years

what do you think i should do ? what would you do if you were in my place ?

keep in mind that i will be 25 when i finish glasgow and would be 23 if i finish london metropolitan. AND ! i will do a masters degree afterwards in american fingers crossed !

PLEASE GUYS REPLY TO MY THREAD ! I NEED UR HELP !
Reply 1
the one in london metropolitan university is a 3 year course but i start from second year whereas glasgow, ill have to start from year one as they dont accept year 2 entry. glasgow uni is a much much better university with good employment and money prospect but london met is only 2 years.
Reply 2
I could live in Glasgow ! its like the second best city for shopping(such a girl i know!) and its like a mini london, which is a plus. if i did go london met and did economics degree there and has 2 years spare i would probably go straight to america without no work experience and just have a holiday for a few months before starting my masters. if i do finish at glasgow i would probably have a better chance of getting into an Ivy league university to do my masters(which is my dream, the "Ivy league" part). Glasgow is like 13th best uni in the UK for economics so i have better prospect for the future whereas god knows were london met is in the league table, something like 101th in the league lol.
Reply 3
An Economics MS in America is extremely competitive, even at the top state schools, nevermind at the Ivy League. On one hand going to London Met is going to save you a lot of money, but on the other Glasgow is probably the better course, so I'd say go to Glasgow.
Reply 4
I think i have made up my mind, Glasgow it is. I wanted to go glasgow as well but some people say that im stupid for doing another 4 years at glasgow when i could do 2 years in london met. im used to london as ive lived in this city for 20 years and am lil scared of goin far away and being around people with a scottish accent even though im used to it as my former step grandma(i dont know if that is the officially name) was scottish until my grandad died(waaw i swear a min ago i was talkin about which uni i should go to and now im taking about my dead grandad lol)
Reply 5
Cheers mate, u really have helped me a lot :wink:
Don't worry about how old you'll be if the longer course seems better for your future employment etc.
I will be 26 when I eventually graduate (the second time) and I'm not too worried about it :smile:
Reply 7
discombobulation
Don't worry about how old you'll be if the longer course seems better for your future employment etc.
I will be 26 when I eventually graduate (the second time) and I'm not too worried about it :smile:

woow 26 :biggrin:
Reply 8
Why don't you spend 3 years at a good university in England/Wales?
tolgahan09
woow 26 :biggrin:

Haha it'll be worth it...is my fault for changing my mind so often :smile:
tolgahan09

should i do 2 years in london metropolitan university
OR

4 years in university of glasgow (economics)

Go to Glasgow.
Glasgow is a real university.

London Met is a scam designed to cheat foreigners out of 15,000 pounds a year.Graduating with a degree from London Met will make it hard to get a graduate level job
Reply 11
I'd personally say the 2 extra years of experience you'd be getting will be more valuble then going to glasgow. but i know glasgow is a top rated university so i'd also say go there.
Reply 12
yea i want to go glasgow to have a real university experience, london met is the worst place to have a university experience, nothin to do, someone talk with nobody.

Latest

Trending

Trending