The Student Room Group

Do i have a any chance at all?

I am applying to study Mathematics at Oxford, UCL, Imperial, Kings, and Exeter. Can anyone tell me if I have a decent chance to get in to the first 4 (Exeter is my insurance), cause I am very very worried.

GCSE Results: (4A*s, 3As, 5Bs)
Maths: A*
Stats: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A
English Language: A
English Literature: B
Religious Studies: A
PE: B
Business Studies: B
Geography: B
ICT: B

AS Results:
Maths: A(289/300) C1: 94/100 C2: 99/100 S1: 96/100
Further Maths: A(257/300) FP1: 94/100 M1: 92/100 D1: 71/100
Physics: A(267/300)
Chemistry: C (207/300, so close to a B)
Critical Thinking: D (Sat the exam in year 10)

I am also studying all of A level Economics in 1 year and have dropped chemistry.

My predictions are A*A*AA, A*s in maths and further maths, As in physics and economics. Do i have a good chance at all? I am worried cause of my B in D1 and C in chemistry and my gcses :confused:
Reply 1
To give you a boring and generic answer, alot of it will also depend on your PS :smile:

Someone much more knowledgeable on Oxbridge admissions will give a better answer, but I'd guess the C in Chem may be an issue.
I can see why that's so worrying.

Get a hobby, nerd.
Joel4fun4u
I can see why that's so worrying.

Get a hobby, nerd.

This alot will depend on your personal statement
Obvious troll is obvious! No need to try and show off your grades dude, there will always be someone who has done better.

But back OT, I think you stand a very good chance. Especially with predictions like that. But as has already been said, it will depends a lot on your Personal Statement, and interview at Cambridge.
sekhakadir1
I am applying to study Mathematics at Oxford, UCL, Imperial, Kings, and Exeter. Can anyone tell me if I have a decent chance to get in to the first 4 (Exeter is my insurance), cause I am very very worried.

GCSE Results: (4A*s, 3As, 5Bs)
Maths: A*
Stats: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A
English Language: A
English Literature: B
Religious Studies: A
PE: B
Business Studies: B
Geography: B
ICT: B

AS Results:
Maths: A(289/300) C1: 94/100 C2: 99/100 S1: 96/100
Further Maths: A(257/300) FP1: 94/100 M1: 92/100 D1: 71/100
Physics: A(267/300)
Chemistry: C (207/300, so close to a B)
Critical Thinking: D (Sat the exam in year 10)

I am also studying all of A level Economics in 1 year and have dropped chemistry.

My predictions are A*A*AA, A*s in maths and further maths, As in physics and economics. Do i have a good chance at all? I am worried cause of my B in D1 and C in chemistry and my gcses :confused:

OP I think you have a better chance at Oxford and UCL than Imperial....they may reject because they want A's in all modules!

Few of my friends are in this position with a B in one module but there's no harm in attempting!
I hate people like you. You are pathetic

Latest