The Student Room Group
Reply 1
******* sarkozy
For a start he is NOT a pedophile!!!

A pedophile has a sexual preference for pre-pubescent children.

13 is not prepubescent!!!

depending on the wording of the laws in the USA, he is guilty of unlawful sex with a minor which is a completely different offence to sex with a child under 13.

You will find the same legal split within our laws.

People need to get thier facts right before they start screaming "pedo", a term which is quite clearly misunderstood by the vast majority of people!!!

He still deserves to be prosecuted for the crime he committed though.
Reply 3
warrenpenalver
For a start he is NOT a pedophile!!!

A pedophile has a sexual preference for pre-pubescent children.

13 is not prepubescent!!!

depending on the wording of the laws in the USA, he is guilty of unlawful sex with a minor which is a completely different offence to sex with a child under 13.

You will find the same legal split within our laws.

People need to get thier facts right before they start screaming "pedo", a term which is quite clearly misunderstood by the vast majority of people!!!

He still deserves to be prosecuted for the crime he committed though.

As far as I know a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children.
Reply 4
UGeNe
As far as I know a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children.

Er, that's pretty much what they said.
the definitions in the UK and US say "pre-pubescent" and deliberately so. Otherwise a 16 year old who shags his/her 15 year old partner would be classed as a pedophile.
Reply 6
Can't wait to see how this turns out especially with Sarkozy stepping in
Rokit
Can't wait to see how this turns out especially with Sarkozy stepping in

Me too.
Reply 8
Essentially I agree. You can't just go around shagging children and then try to justify it with 'oh, but it was the 70s...'
Reply 9
It's not just France. It was on BBC World Service last night, they spoke to some Swiss people at the awards ceremony Polsnski was supposed to attend. The interviewees said that they thought it was disgusting, they were ashamed of their police and other such things.
They can't justify or complain just because he is a director.

Just because he has more fans or admirer's these days than he did before it doesn't change anything. What he did was wrong, illegal, and quite immoral and he should go to prison for it. Probably in the country where he did the crime which was the USA.

The fact that he admitted it seals it really.

Latest

Trending

Trending