The Student Room Group

Help- Access and Bad A Levels

I am going to apply for university in 2010. I am aiming for universities asking for Bs mainly. I did really bad in my A2 Level exams in the summer- got a CDE. I'm going to resit my D to get it back up to a A (like I got in my AS Level). And some of the universities are asking for at least BB. I can't resit my C (no more resits in January). I can resit my E and get it up to a B, but it's a gamble. I need to earn 3 As in my resits for it to work. I can do it, but it seems pointless if I get a C instead of a B. And I'll have to work extra hard over Christmas. But it may increase my chances at a few universities.

I'm taking a Access course this year, to allow me to take resits. I phoned the universities up today, most said they would consider me with the Access and relevent A Level (grade A). However one I phoned said the Access course was a 'easy way out' and would look at all my A2 grades since I was just out of school.

The point of this thread is for advice, and it would be very helpful if anyone who has went to university with a bad grade could comment too. Or had to resit.
Reply 1
Also UCAS Extra. Would the second retake help me me if I have to apply through UCAS Extra?

Latest

Trending

Trending