The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to break it to you, but you don't have a chance if you're not predicted the right requirements (eg. ABB). Perhaps you could convince your teachers to predict higher and then work your arse off? Have a look at some other unis and hopefully you'll find some more you love.
Reply 2
Yes, you have a chance with Surrey. Even with low predictions, they can still call you to interview if they like you[r Personal Statement] and make you an offer of ABB. You'd just have to meet it, that's all.
Reply 3
If you are below their entry requirements, you will not get an offer, unless you have extenuating circumstances or have some outstanding genius-like qualities or experience.
I would say don't do it, it's a waste of a choice.
If you are so desperate for surrey, could you retake some modules and apply next year? You would need to take a gap year though.
Reply 4
Not even with a decent personal statement?
You will not be getting an offer, so its pointless applying.
nastynas
Not even with a decent personal statement?

Apply with :smile: :smile: a gap year with improved grades.
Reply 7
Yes, it's worth applying. I was predicted the same sort of grades (I applied for Law, though not at Surrey) and needed ABB to get in, I ended up with AAB and felt totally smug when I went to gloat at the teachers who predicted me B's and C's.
Reply 8
Heir-Head
Yes, it's worth applying. I was predicted the same sort of grades (I applied for Law, though not at Surrey) and needed ABB to get in, I ended up with AAB and felt totally smug when I went to gloat at the teachers who predicted me B's and C's.

so did the uni accept you with you're predicted grades?
if not, u had to settle with B/C unis even thought u got AAB.
Reply 9
nastynas
so did the uni accept you with you're predicted grades?
if not, u had to settle with B/C unis even thought u got AAB.

Yep they did and I put them as my first choice and started 3 weeks ago :smile:
Reply 10
wow thanks^ and i think law is more competitive than computer science, so i suppose it'll be easier, thanks.
Reply 11
jayshah31
Yes, you have a chance with Surrey. Even with low predictions, they can still call you to interview if they like you[r Personal Statement] and make you an offer of ABB. You'd just have to meet it, that's all.

I heard Surrey are quite leniant with requirements, allowing BBC in place of the original offer of BBB for example.
Reply 12
Ejit
I heard Surrey are quite leniant with requirements, allowing BBC in place of the original offer of BBB for example.

thanks, do you know how competitive the computer science course is at Surrey?
Reply 13
You could apply to a couple of places (including Surrey) if you so wish, but leave a couple of spaces for unis you know you'll meet the requirement grades for. You might get conditional offers in which you'll have to get higher grades than those predicted... I can't see you getting in if you don't meet the requirements. Anyway, as I said, leave a couple of places for 'safer' unis but, by all means, go for it.
Reply 14
This is what I would do if I was you :
1. ABB+ offer choice
2. BBB offer choice
3. BBB offer choice
4. BBC offer choice
5. CCC-BCC offer choice

That way you have 1 high choice, 3 moderate ones and a safety choice, that's just how I've always played it anyway lol
Ejit

I agree. When I went on the open day, our 'guides' had ABB/AAB offers and got in with BCD.
Reply 16
not if ur sober
To the OP:

What are your AS grades?
Reply 18
TheSpinDoctor
To the OP:

What are your AS grades?

check PM
Reply 19
I have the same predicted grades rougly, and i am in same situation. Well not really cause i dont wanna apply to ABB uni's but maybe just 1.

I was wondering if you people could suggest some good uni's for the course, for BBC.
And please tell me ur AS grade? it would help.
Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending