The Student Room Group
Qualitative research is research that includes in-depth answers, as opposed to quantitative research which is just numbers.

So for example, a survey in which you ask people how they feel about a certain issue and get back statements from them would be qualitative. A survey where you just count, say, how many people have brown eyes, is quantitative.
Questions already been answered, but this link is quite good for giving some more information and will give you a better idea of the kind of research you should be looking for :smile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualitative_research
Quantitive research produces numerical figures and statistics, whereas qualitive is anything else...not very well explained, but why don't you just google it?
Reply 4
Hey OP, have you never heard of google? Why do you have internet :rofl:?
Qualitative is like the composition of something, isn't it? And quantitative is like how much, etc. Google is your friend (Y)
Reply 6
Many thanks. The 'google' answers didn't really answer the question for me, well, not enough for me to then know what it was when I saw it. Hence asking real people who I assume already know?

Thanks Bono.
Reply 7
Well, I’ve researched Google within an inch of its life (or mine at least!). Not sure as I understand yet, but I have found an example that definitely fits the definition of ‘qualitative research’, as it says it is! It’s also in the right subject for my course on Wednesday, so fingers crossed.

I think I understand what you’re all telling me, especially applying this to the example I have found, but I’m not sure I could have identified this piece appropriately, without its header.

Oh well, I guess we all have to start somewhere. :yep:

Many thanks - Bono

Latest

Trending

Trending