The Student Room Group

Warwick or Southampton for psychology?

I'm trying to decide which uni to firm between these two, both of which I have offers for grades AAB. The course is C800 psychology (BSc). Which would be better?

I would like to hear opinions from other applicants or perhaps people who are studying or have studied psychology at either or these unis please?
Reply 1
Have you visited both on open days / offer holder days?

(p.s. I don't study psychology but I have firmed Warwick for Maths and Physics)
Reply 2
Original post by NattyDuzza
Have you visited both on open days / offer holder days?

(p.s. I don't study psychology but I have firmed Warwick for Maths and Physics)

I definitely should have but no, I didn't visit any and it's definitely too late for that now 🥲😅
I relied on online research and word of mouth.
Reply 3
Original post by shirokuro3
I definitely should have but no, I didn't visit any and it's definitely too late for that now 🥲😅
I relied on online research and word of mouth.

I'd try, for now, ignore league tables and use youtube to try and watch as many student experience videos and campus videos as you can to get a qualitative feel for the uni. Then I'd research the course, its flexibility and nuances. I know that for my course Warwick had an outstanding UG handbook you could access that told you about all the options etc.

Also read about the societies and clubs at the uni; one selling point of Warwick for me was their Formula Student team
Reply 4
Original post by NattyDuzza
I'd try, for now, ignore league tables and use youtube to try and watch as many student experience videos and campus videos as you can to get a qualitative feel for the uni. Then I'd research the course, its flexibility and nuances. I know that for my course Warwick had an outstanding UG handbook you could access that told you about all the options etc.

Also read about the societies and clubs at the uni; one selling point of Warwick for me was their Formula Student team

Thanks for the advice! I'll do that
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice! I'll do that

No worries! Good luck! You'll do well wherever you go I'm sure
What do you want to do after your degree? This might inform your choice.
Reply 7
Original post by artful_lounger
What do you want to do after your degree? This might inform your choice.

Thinking of going into either clinical psychology or research. Not sure yet.
I'm trying to decide which uni to firm between these two, both of which I have offers for grades AAB. The course is C800 psychology (BSc). Which would be better?

I would like to hear opinions from other applicants or perhaps people who are studying or have studied psychology at either or these unis please?

Hi

Hope you're doing well. Please compare the modules of the course from the universities and choose the one which you feel are most interesting to you and will help you with career growth. Alongside, do a good research on the life at all the universities, try getting in touch with alumni and know what they say about their experience, compare pros and cons and then come to a conclusion. Hope this helps:smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending