The Student Room Group

StarBucks Are Wrong

I got and email from a friend fighting in the war. i know that the war is bad and i wish like many for our boys and girls to come home but in this email it said that the uk troops wrote to starbucks and told them how much they love there coffees and that they couldnt wait to get some more, then asked (offered to pay) if they could get some sent over to them.

starbucks wrote back saying thanks for the good critisism and it would be posted on their website but they will not send any over to the troops due to the fact they do not surrport the war or anyone in it. person i think this is wrong due to the fact i bet if it was the usa troops writting starbuck would be "we surrport our troops".

what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

They don't support the war, fair enough.
Reply 2
i am have grammar
Reply 3
A statement was released into the news about this, that Starbucks made a formal statement that they DO send supplies and in fact are one of the only companies who actually DO send it. The email that has been going round is completely false.
Company policy is company policy.
Lol at 'war'. Soldiers in WW2 had hardly anything to eat; bully beef anyone? These days it's a problem cause they can't get their Starbucks latte... Jesus ******* Christ. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Bubbles lol at the guy's quote in your sig!! :biggrin:

Did you meet him at Tottenham Court? ;P
Reply 7
Dear Porsche

I am a student. If you think education is a good thing, you should send me a free 911.

Yours
shyopstv

Am i doing it rite?
What's the big deal, Starbucks don't support the war? So what, neither do I or millions of other people.
Reply 9
This is an urban myth and not true.
Reply 10
WeskerChild
I got and email from a friend fighting in the war. i know that the war is bad and i wish like many for our boys and girls to come home but in this email it said that the uk troops wrote to starbucks and told them how much they love there coffees and that they couldnt wait to get some more, then asked (offered to pay) if they could get some sent over to them.

starbucks wrote back saying thanks for the good critisism and it would be posted on their website but they will not send any over to the troops due to the fact they do not surrport the war or anyone in it. person i think this is wrong due to the fact i bet if it was the usa troops writting starbuck would be "we surrport our troops".

what do you think?

Fair enough, if their company policy is not support the war.
You or I decide to support the war, support the troops or whatever. As a company they can do the same.
You don't have to agree with them, they will gain or lose support by their policies but they will still go on selling goods.
shyopstv
Dear Porsche

I am a student. If you think education is a good thing, you should send me a free 911.

Yours
shyopstv

Am i doing it rite?

Noh, because they said they'd pay, not that they wanted it free :h:

But yar, allegedly the whole thing isn't true :dontknow:
WeskerChild

what do you think?

Is that the email mentioned in this website here: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_starbucks_marines.htm

Apparently it was a misunderstanding.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Lol at 'war'. Soldiers in WW2 had hardly anything to eat; bully beef anyone? These days it's a problem cause they can't get their Starbucks latte... Jesus ******* Christ. :rolleyes:

You feel it's acceptable for troops nowadays to have the same quality of living as those back in WW2 had?

Just because it was bad once, doesn't mean it should always be.
Starbucks coffee is not necessary when engaging in war.
Do people just believe everything they're sent in an email? Have you never heard of Snopes.com?

The only thing bad about Starbucks is the prices.
Reply 16
Mr Otter
i am have grammar

Me fail English? That's unpossible.
Reply 17
How very melodramatic. Poor troops aren't getting Starbucks. Oh no.
Reply 18
Mr Otter
i am have grammar

I am have grammar good,
WeskerChild
<assault on the English language>

Even if it was real, so what? Does every company have to support the war now?

Regardless, it's a hoax e-mail. Spend less time reading e-mail forwards and more time in English lessons

Latest

Trending

Trending