The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To be honest, I already hated royal mail before this.
Reply 2
If they arent happy with their job they should leave, im sure plenty of people would happily take their place
Reply 3
Rhys~
If they arent happy with their job they should leave, im sure plenty of people would happily take their place

totally agree with you:yes:
Reply 4
I agree. I am currently waiting for my Oyster Card which I sent off for almost a MONTH ago, and a legendary game called Heart of Darkness. The greedy ***** couldn't pick a worse time, could they?
Reply 5
Also, there's thousands of people out there desperate for a job, and here are the postmen being stroppy *****
Agreed. We also have bin men on strike i my area. Striking public workers in this current climate are a ******* disgrace to our country.
Reply 7
maxfire
I agree. I am currently waiting for my Oyster Card which I sent off for almost a MONTH ago, and a legendary game called Heart of Darkness. The greedy ***** couldn't pick a worse time, could they?

I got negged for this post. Why? Does someone not like Heart of Darkness?
People working that provide public services seem to think the recession doesn't apply to them and that they can continue to get pay increases above inflation and whatnot. But most other people in the country end up having to take a pay cut or even lose their jobs. It's scummy
Yeah, those postmen are lucky to have a job. I don't support the strikers at all.
Reply 10
Personally, I think you should rename the thread to "Post - The Striking Truth".
Yeah, seeing good, hard-working people on the news with families who have to be fed by a charity organisation who give out meals to houses because they can't get any work, then seeing these greedy, lazy barstards who want pay rises for doing a poor job makes my blood boil.

My dad works from 8am until past midnight with his own business just to get enough money to put food on the table in the recession, he can't strike!

There are plenty of people out there who do a good job who get paid pittence, until RM start pulling their act together they do not have my support at all.
Reply 12
not everyone wants to strike mind.. my bf is a postman and he hates it, hes happy there and knows what he was getting when he started the job.. i argree that if they dont like it they should leave and let someone else whos desperate for a job have one.. but hes really pissed off at the mo too because it makes his life more difficult.. he doesnt get paid when they strike and doesnt have the option to go in or he would and it means that for the next few days he has to work extra hard to get up straight with all the mail from the days they were striking
Reply 13
Are the postal workers not striking so that they can keep their jobs? My dad works for Royal Mail (boo, hiss & so on) in the sorting offices & that was the impression I got, seeing how they're facing job cuts, & less over time. He doesn't get the choice if he wants to strike or not. Last strike we had to struggle through, but faced with job cuts and less over time, we'll be struggling through anyway.
Btw I'm not attempting to start an argument. (:
I order my textbooks and then find out there is a postal strike. It has been over 3 weeks and I need those bloody books for my A-levels!

And on top of that, my oyster card still hasn't come yet.
Reply 15
blue_nose
Are the postal workers not striking so that they can keep their jobs? My dad works for Royal Mail (boo, hiss & so on) in the sorting offices & that was the impression I got, seeing how they're facing job cuts, & less over time. He doesn't get the choice if he wants to strike or not. Last strike we had to struggle through, but faced with job cuts and less over time, we'll be struggling through anyway.
Btw I'm not attempting to start an argument. (:

Yeah, but people who are waiting for things in the post don't see it like that because their lives are far more important than any postman's.
Postal strike?
Is this why my t-shirt hasn't arrived yet?
Reply 17
What the hell are they striking about this time?

Can't public services go one month without a damn strike
I knowwwww im so mad! Ive got a debit card, pin number and a important bill all waiting to come. Couldn't have lost my card at a worse time...
Reply 19
mikeyd85
Agreed. We also have bin men on strike i my area. Striking public workers in this current climate are a ******* disgrace to our country.

...You do realise how much their pay is getting cut right? I think it was the same pay as sometime in the 80's.

Latest

Trending

Trending