The Student Room Group

Politics - should I apply to Warwick or Durham?

I have 4 choices chosen, but cant decide on a 5th as its between Durham and Warwick. I will be predicted AAA and have a B in an AS already...

I think i prefer the warwick politics course to the one at durham, and have heard some bad things about durham's politics department. As well as this it's probably easier to get into warwick than durham.

However the fact that durham is an old historic university compared to the modern warwick, i prefer durham in this sense, as well as the fact that warwick is in the middle of nowhere and durham is in a nice small city (I think its classed as a city), so making durham more appealing location wise.

So yeah, any advice about which would be better to apply to? current or former students' opinions of the departments and the unis as a whole would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
warwick all the way
Warwick is far more renowned for the subject, but if you prefer Durham, go there. Spending three years in a university you don't like for the sake of departmental reputation isn't a good idea.
Im biased - but warwick

Latest

Trending

Trending