The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ive had an interview at sheffield, went ok. other applications are for medicine though
Reply 2
Well done! Hope you get what you want :smile:
Reply 3
Hey, I'm halfway through a linguistics degree and am considering doing a postgraduate in speech therapy (not for a few years though) would be good to hear how people found applying/how competitive it is etc.

Reply 4
I've applied to:
de montfort-got a bbc offer
ucl-interview in feb
city-interview in jan
east anglia
and newcastle.
Reply 5
i think my case is really bad.:frown:
i've applied to :
UCL: unsucessful
city : unsucessful
Reading : unsecessful
East Anglia:
Sheffield :

i'm really worried:frown: dont wanna wait till EXTRA/ clearing :frown:
Reply 6
Ive applied to:
DeMontfort- bbc offer
City- interview on thurs :/
Birmingham city- interview on 4th feb
East Anglia- still waiting
uwic- unsucessful

and rachel425 dont worry i know people in the same situation as you, so hopefully everything will go ok for you :smile:
Reply 7
aw don't worry rachel, you've still got uea and sheffield to hear from!
im glad no one else has heard from uea, i called on monday and they said they'd reply this week :s-smilie: hopefully they'll reply next week!
cwinship, what was your interview likea t birmingham?
Reply 9
Interview was fine, loads of people turned up in jeans but i wouldn't recomend it! I got an offer from them the other day too which good, but i honestly thought i did rubbish in the interview. You'll be fine!
what did u wear??x
i got an offer from sheffield, didnt think i would!
cwinship1
Interview was fine, loads of people turned up in jeans but i wouldn't recomend it! I got an offer from them the other day too which good, but i honestly thought i did rubbish in the interview. You'll be fine!

What sort of things do they ask you?? can you pm me im so nervous! & what does the interview day entail, what would you reccomend wearing & how big were these groups?xx
Reply 13
I've applied to...
UCL: AAB offer
East Anglia: BBB offer
De Montfort: BBC offer
Sheffield: waiting to hear
City: interview 2nd March
Reply 14
So heres a thread for those applying to do SLT or a similar course in 2010!

Where are you applying?
What grades do you need?
What subjects do you do?
Have you sent off your UCAS?
Did you get much work experiance?

etc... chat away :smile:

I do Psychology, RS and ICT at A2, and did Biology at AS. I got straight A's, and I need ABB this year as a minimum :smile: I hope to get A's and A*'s.

I am applying to Sheffield [my fave!], Newcastle, UCL, Reading and Manchester! I am so scared for the interviews etc, but hopefully I'll do okey with them!
I am also worried about the course at Sheffield as it is a BMedSci, so more hours a week a lot more science is involved... does anyone know how much it differs from other SLTs courses?

I have sent off my UCAS, I had a few days work experiances shadowing a variety of SLTs and I have worked at a school one day a week for a year and I teach children cooking and rounders in my spare time... so hopefully that will all come into use!

Also... I'm excited!! :smile:
hiyaa yeah i'm applying for SLT aswell! I'm applying to:
Newcastle (fav!!!) ABB
Reading ABB
UCL ABB
UEA BBB
DeMonfort BBC (back up chose)
i'm doing psychology, biology, physics and chem, with AS english. not all over 2 years, my school is really weird and does everything a year early!!
I'm sending me UCAS off on Friday and really scared about it! i'm just really hoping for the best seeing as it is so competitive! :/
Yeah i shadowed a few SLTs for a couple of days, i've volunteered at a special needs school for 3 years and have recently started a placement with young children with helping them learn their sounds - which i hope will make me look good! lol

Yeah i heard sheffield and newcastle are more science based, i don't think the course varies that much it just has an emphasis of the anatomy. Like Reading's emphasis is on Linguistics :smile: hope that helps!

i can't wait now to start hearing from the uni's (only good things i hope!) :biggrin:
Reply 16
woooowww, you do pretty hard subjects, how are you coping? you must be very good at the sciences :smile:

it sounds like you know your stuff, and have lots of experiance! your deffo going to get offers! im just arranging some more work experiance soon with an SLT who works in a stroke rehabilitation centre :smile:
Reply 17
I heard that you have to do a hearing test at the interviews... does anyone know what these involve?
yeah they are but i just really enjoy the sciences, which is why newcastle is my fav as it is more science based! (:

oh i really hope i do! but i've just got to wait and see, i'm sending mine off this evening! argh!

hearing test? i've never heard that you do that in interviews?!?
I'm at Sheffield :biggrin:
Good luck with interviews and stuff! It depends on the uni as to what the interview is like - some go on PS and grades, some send a questionnaire, some do a standard interview, and some do a standard interview + a little test. The little test at Sheffield was pretty simple though, and I think it's just to see if you can think for yourself (that makes it sound scarier than it is!)... good luck anyway!
x

Latest