The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally I don't think you've aimed too high :smile: Bristol is always a tough school so even if you had 12A*'s etc, there would be no guarantees of an interview. That's not to say you won't get one though.
Reply 2
Alex D
Personally I don't think you've aimed too high :smile: Bristol is always a tough school so even if you had 12A*'s etc, there would be no guarantees of an interview. That's not to say you won't get one though.

Cheers.

On a side note, I watched every episode of green wing in 3 days. I want to be Boyce.
Reply 3
well your UKCAT seems good for Manchester and probs Newcastle (less sure on Newcastle)

all med courses are competitive so everyone will probably have a tough time.
Reply 4
trektor
well your UKCAT seems good for Manchester and probs Newcastle (less sure on Newcastle)

all med courses are competitive so everyone will probably have a tough time.

Cheers... do you know if its good enough for leeds?
They're generally located between the legs in the general groin area; try aiming lower. Hope this helps.
Reply 6
The_Gene_Genie
They're generally located between the legs in the generally groin area; try aiming lower. Hope this helps.

REP'D
No you have not!
Reply 8
AAAirz
Cheers.

On a side note, I watched every episode of green wing in 3 days. I want to be Boyce.

is he the hot student doctor with the blonde hair who always annoys the crazy weird one? (who is hilarious)

if so, i looove himmm
Reply 9
O-Ren
is he the hot student doctor with the blonde hair who always annoys the crazy weird one? (who is hilarious)

if so, i looove himmm

Yes, yes he is.
AAAirz

I don't think Leeds put a huge emphasis on UKCAT. Not 100% sure on that though.
Reply 11
i want to be sue white hehehe
Reply 12
AAAirz

I thought Leeds paid little attention to the UKCAT according to the wiki and their website but I may be wrong?
I'm not an expert but I'd say don't worry too much about where you've chosen when you're a decent candidate - applying for medicine is aiming high full stop.

So you've done the hard part, choosing to do it at all :smile:.

Good luck!
Reply 14
if you are aiming for what you want wif all your eart, then its not going to be igh at all. its going to straightforward, time consuming and long winded, but it wont be difficult to do anyfing timeconsuming or lonmg winded if you love it...fingd you love go require little effort to do. it will be a joy to read about medicine in preparation for interviews, and it will be like a golden opportunity to seek out work experiences that mek you jump outta bed to do.

it only gets 'ard if you are aiming wif 'alf an 'eart. then it gets difficult to do.
Reply 15
I applied to Newc & Durham with a UKCAT of 640.. apparently cut-off last year was 615 :smile:
AAAirz

Leeds look at your UKCAT at the end of the process - they give "extra credit" for high scores.
Reply 17
They might love you.
Reply 18
Chloeee02
They might love you.

Yes, they might?

(wut?)
If you don't aim high then you'll always just be settling.
I applied to York to to Biology with a BBCC at A-level, and having left my Japanese course halfway through. When I applied York was 3rd in the country for Biosciences and had AAB requirements (plus 17 applicants to every 1 place!), so I wasn't even going to apply but was convinced otherwise. Now I've just graduated in the top 20% of the year.

Maybe you'll be lucky, maybe you wont. But as long as you can say that you went for it then you should have no regrets. Believe in yourself, prepare as much as you can, and kick some interview booty :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending