The Student Room Group

The Official Funding questions/moans/possible joy Thread

Scroll to see replies

Chase

Original post by modernhistorian
is this for sgsah?

chase
Sounds like NB funding has been delayed until late May/June due to sheer volume of apps...
Original post by NaomiMadeleine
Sounds like NB funding has been delayed until late May/June due to sheer volume of apps...

Really? As in Northern Bridge? On the website it still says that they are due out next week..
Reply 1383
Original post by dreamphd
I'm waiting too! I noticed on the portal that my application was last updated on 1st April. I'm also waiting on CHASE, which should be next week.

ahhh the anxiety

Hi folks, I am also waiting to hear from SGSAH - have been refreshing hourly since the start of this week so pretty sad to hear we won't know until the 19th! My application was last updated on the 23rd of March, anyone got any theories on what the dates could mean? Definitely reading into this too much but it's all I think about...

Where did you see or hear about this? It's not just the waiting that's hard but some decisions for international offers need to be made really soon!
Original post by rja2k
Hi folks, I am also waiting to hear from SGSAH - have been refreshing hourly since the start of this week so pretty sad to hear we won't know until the 19th! My application was last updated on the 23rd of March, anyone got any theories on what the dates could mean? Definitely reading into this too much but it's all I think about...

Unsure what this means. How did you access the portal?
Original post by rja2k

Where do you check the last update status? On the monkey survey portal?
Original post by Rockiemoodle
Where do you check the last update status? On the monkey survey portal?

Managed to get on the portal but also struggling to find the last updated status. All that's showing on mine is submitted. Lol.
Scratch that I've found it. Mine also last edited on the 23rd March.... yikes.
Reply 1389
Original post by ModernHistorian
Scratch that I've found it. Mine also last edited on the 23rd March.... yikes.

Are you thinking that's a bad thing haha? What time does it say yours was edited? Mine is 1:00pm
Original post by rja2k
Are you thinking that's a bad thing haha? What time does it say yours was edited? Mine is 1:00pm

Mine is the same.
Reply 1391
Original post by Ffreya83
Mine is the same.

Oh god that's probably bad isn't it
Original post by Ffreya83
Mine is the same.

Mine also says the same thing: 23rd March, 1pm. Maybe this is just something automatic, when they all started to be downloaded. I saw on Twitter someone saying that they were part of one of the selecting committee members and that was on 25th March. I don’t thinks it’s a bad sign that all of ours says 23rd. Anyone's shows a different date?
Here is the tweet: https://twitter.com/heraldofhallows/status/1375106378231128064?s=21
Original post by wonderland2
Where did you see or hear about this? It's not just the waiting that's hard but some decisions for international offers need to be made really soon!

Does anyone else waiting on NB results know if they are still due out next week?
To the people asking about Northern Bridge - I emailed the head of PG admissions at Durham to ask for any updates and she said that panels are still evaluating applications as they received so many. I haven’t heard anything officially from NB which I would have thought would happen given other funding deadlines, but the lady I contacted works closely with the NB process. I hope she’s wrong!
Double checked my SGSAH one and it says 23rd March 12:59pm too. Glad to hear that it seems likely that's just the date they were all accessed if they didn't start looking at them until the 25th!
To the people asking about Northern Bridge - I emailed the head of PG admissions at Durham to ask for any updates and she said that panels are still evaluating applications as they received so many. I haven’t heard anything officially from NB which I would have thought would happen given other funding deadlines, but the lady I contacted works closely with the NB process. I hope she’s wrong!

Ah ok, thanks for the update.

I don’t think that they are due out until after the 15th, so I guess by this time next week we will know if there’s been a delay...

Did she say to expect them as late as May/June?
Original post by mshlf33
Ah ok, thanks for the update.

I don’t think that they are due out until after the 15th, so I guess by this time next week we will know if there’s been a delay...

Did she say to expect them as late as May/June?

Yes she said, “I understand that the various panels are still considering the great number of applications received this year and results may not be known until late May / June”

I guess we’ll know after 15th as you said! Fingers crossed. As that’s a pretty huge delay.
Yes she said, “I understand that the various panels are still considering the great number of applications received this year and results may not be known until late May / June”

I guess we’ll know after 15th as you said! Fingers crossed. As that’s a pretty huge delay.

Wow, that sounds like massive competition too. Ok thanks, fingers crossed for us all!

Thanks and good luck to all waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending