The Student Room Group

The Official Funding questions/moans/possible joy Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaz33
Anyone still waiting for SWW DTP funding results?

Still waiting too! Best of luck everyone
Anyone else waiting on NWS? Results should be 'around' the 30th of April :s-smilie:
Original post by Charles093
Anyone else waiting on NWS? Results should be 'around' the 30th of April :s-smilie:

If it’s North West Consortium, I haven’t heard anything yet! I hope tomorrow isn’t the start of sending results....
Reply 1583
How do you check CHASE's application status? I don't see any tab in my application where I'd get any news about it. I also haven't heard from uni. Aren't we supposed to be contacted by uni first, even if it's a rejection letter?
Original post by cassidyjjoy
If it’s North West Consortium, I haven’t heard anything yet! I hope tomorrow isn’t the start of sending results....

Sorry, yeah, meant NWC! Applied for philosophy at UoL, was rejected by NB at Durham but I think my Liverpool application was 100x better so very hopeful! Good luck!
Just received an offer from LAHP DTP even though they said they'll announce results on the 30th of April. Absolutely over the moon, especially as a non-EU international and I was recently rejected by LISS. :smile:
Reply 1586
Original post by lem0nwings
Just received an offer from LAHP DTP even though they said they'll announce results on the 30th of April. Absolutely over the moon, especially as a non-EU international and I was recently rejected by LISS. :smile:

Congrats!!! Must feel amazing
Received a rejection from LAHP. Heartbroken. Second year in a row getting into my dream programs buf unable to take up the offers due to lack of funding
Original post by divingforpearls
Received a rejection from LAHP. Heartbroken. Second year in a row getting into my dream programs buf unable to take up the offers due to lack of funding

Sorry for your sadness. I just received a rejection from them too. This is my first year of funding applications and I was warned it was competitive, but it is truly brutal.

Do you have other applications lined up? I’m currently looking into self funding just to see what might be possible...
ו

Original post by mshlf33
Sorry for your sadness. I just received a rejection from them too. This is my first year of funding applications and I was warned it was competitive, but it is truly brutal.

Do you have other applications lined up? I’m currently looking into self funding just to see what might be possible...

Thank you for your sympathy 💕 Yes it is absolutely brutal. I am currently waitlisted for funding at the European University Institute and hoping beyond hope to hear something from Oxford, though the chances are very slim. How about you?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by divingforpearls
ו

Thank you for your sympathy 💕 Yes it is absolutely brutal. I am currently waitlisted for funding at the European University Institute and hoping beyond hope to hear something from Oxford, though the chances are very slim. How about you?

I feel for you. Similarly, I am waitlisted for Northern Bridge and am awaiting Oxford funding outcomes. I'm trying to stay positive and remember that it is a bit of a lottery at this stage—keep the faith and best of luck.
Out of interest when do Ox release funding outcomes? Have the London unis released theirs?
Has anyone heard back from swwdtp or know if you get an email either way? Just refreshing every 5 mins!
Reply 1593
Original post by Rosawriter
Has anyone heard back from swwdtp or know if you get an email either way? Just refreshing every 5 mins!

Still nothing! I really hope they let us know either way
Original post by Rosawriter

Nothing yet. God, I really hope they send an email either way. It's nervewracking because the website says that today we get the 'notification of successful awards' so, welp, maybe not? Good luck!
Original post by Charles093
Sorry, yeah, meant NWC! Applied for philosophy at UoL, was rejected by NB at Durham but I think my Liverpool application was 100x better so very hopeful! Good luck!

I did my MA at Durham (imo, you might have dodged a bullet) and I’ve applied for +2 funding for creative writing at Lancaster, fingers crossed! Good luck to you too!!
Original post by NaomiMadeleine
Out of interest when do Ox release funding outcomes? Have the London unis released theirs?

There's some hope of an Oxford trickle-through till June (and possibly beyond?) I'm not sure about all of the London unis, but those in the LAHP consortium are releasing their outcomes now.
Original post by Mangoji
Nothing yet. God, I really hope they send an email either way. It's nervewracking because the website says that today we get the 'notification of successful awards' so, welp, maybe not? Good luck!

I know! Wasn’t sure how to read that at all but can’t see anyone posting they’ve heard yet either! Just don’t want to be waiting all day to get no news at all. Good luck!!!
Original post by Kaz33
Still nothing! I really hope they let us know either way

Me too, just want to know now!
Original post by cassidyjjoy
I did my MA at Durham (imo, you might have dodged a bullet) and I’ve applied for +2 funding for creative writing at Lancaster, fingers crossed! Good luck to you too!!

Curious about this - did Durham not live up to your expectations?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending