The Student Room Group

Confused about entering grades

Could anyone tell me whether this is right? My referee is busy and can't help me at the moment.

My friends have done it differently, and I'm not entirely sure which way is correct? I've entered the AS subjects that I completed last year and the grades I achieved. I'm retaking two subjects, therefore I have entered the same subject again under AS level but with exam date 2010. The subjects I am taking for A2 level are under 'Advanced level', with pending results and June 2010 exam date.

Is this correct method? Something tells me it isn't.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9830/ucas.jpg
Reply 1
No. You don't put the same subject down twice. If your retaking it and you don't want to show the grades just put it down as pending (but it does look bad if you only put some of your grades down and not the others).
Reply 2
bob679
No. You don't put the same subject down twice. If your retaking it and you don't want to show the grades just put it down as pending (but it does look bad if you only put some of your grades down and not the others).

What if I'm retaking but want to show my grades I got before retaking?
Reply 3
bob679

I believe you also have to enter another AS for the re-take (in similar spot myself and got off the phone to UCAS about 30 minutes ago)

However, also having issues myself as I've no idea if to list the AS grades as well as my upcoming GCE Advanced Level stuff too, UCAS says one thing, College says something else... Which advice to follow? No idea!
Reply 4
What you can do is one of two things.

First, enter your 'cashed in' AS's as Advanced Subsidiary which are the ones you have overall grades for and aren't retaking and put the overall grade for them. If you have cashed in As's that you're retaking, enter them as Advanced Subsidiary and put them as pending. You can enter the modular results if you wish.

Or you can enter everything as GCE advanced level and enter them twice, once for your as's, and once for your a levels. For the as's you're retaking you can put pending and put the year as 2009. I'm not entirely sure though so don't take my word for it :smile:
Reply 5
Demius
What you can do is one of two things.

First, enter your 'cashed in' AS's as Advanced Subsidiary which are the ones you have overall grades for and aren't retaking and put the overall grade for them. If you have cashed in As's that you're retaking, enter them as Advanced Subsidiary and put them as pending. You can enter the modular results if you wish.

Or you can enter everything as GCE advanced level and enter them twice, once for your as's, and once for your a levels. For the as's you're retaking you can put pending and put the year as 2009. I'm not entirely sure though so don't take my word for it :smile:

Is what I've done in the picture above correct then? Click the link.
Reply 6
FretFul
Is what I've done in the picture above correct then? Click the link.

That looks right to me yeah :smile:
Reply 7
Demius
That looks right to me yeah :smile:

Ok great, thanks. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending