The Student Room Group

The lowest grades someone got into uni with..?

I know someone with DDEU at AS who wants to go to uni, but being honest I don't know how low uni's go in terms of grades?

What are the lowest grades you know that someone obtained, and go into uni with?

Will it be harder for those with lower grades now as so many seem to apply (I think a lot missed out on getting in??, is it purely grade related?).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DDE into a architecture course, DDD to aerodynamics with a foundation year
Reply 2
U U U
Reply 3
Leila_
U U U

:s-smilie:
D D U
Reply 5
I know someone studying History at Lincoln with no A Levels or GCSEs at all.
Reply 6
freebeing
DDE into a architecture course, DDD to aerodynamics with a foundation year

:confused: I was under the impression architecture had some of the most stringent requirements.
Reply 7
I was told about a guy who wanted to go on a sports degree and had competed internationally so he was offered EEE, he still managed to fail... typical guy lol!
I got an EE offer from Carmarthen for Religious Studies.
Reply 9
Got offered one C by Liverpool JM, didn't think anywhere took you on really low grades without extenuating (right word?) circumstances, guess i was wrong.
Reply 10
AAAb
Reply 11
My sister got into Oxford to study Law with no A levels, and two GCSEs. I **** you not. If they like you enough, they'll have you regardless.
i don't know.. like 80 points or something :smile:
I got onto a biomedical science course in 2003 with DDe (biology, chemistry and physics (AS)). its a long time ago though.
Reply 14
I know someone who did Law at Derby with EE.
Reply 15
Tacita
My sister got into Oxford to study Law with no A levels, and two GCSEs. I sh1t you not. If they like you enough, they'll have you regardless.

Gutted for the AAA applicant that lost out to her on that :awesome:
Reply 16
I got UDE because I was a lazy scrote. Still got into uni :biggrin:
Reply 17
maxfire
Gutted for the AAA applicant that lost out to her on that :awesome:

That's very true :p: but she's a successful barrister now, so it just shows that grades aren't everything. :yep:
Reply 18
D U d
For a course in Liverpool Hope it says all you needed was to 'Have attempted A levels' as a requirement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending