The Student Room Group

Dental school choice

What dental school is most likely to accept me with GCSEs 9888888766 UCAT 2480 band 2
what are predicted grade wise?
Reply 2
Original post by jennaa21
what are predicted grade wise?

A*AA
Original post by ayesha14
A*AA

great! you should consider qmul, birmingham, leeds and maybe bristol.
Reply 4
great! you should consider qmul, birmingham, leeds and maybe bristol.

Do not apply to qmul and bristol for sure. Birmingham as well as it is insanely high ucat requirements. Try liverpool
Original post by Ajdj12
Do not apply to qmul and bristol for sure. Birmingham as well as it is insanely high ucat requirements. Try liverpool

not true. family member of mine got into qmul dent with 2490 - if u check medic portal the lowest qmul interviewed was 2300~
and bristol is more flexible for dental applicants, medical applicants usually have to get high
someone i follow on social media that is a dental student at bristol got 2470
Reply 6
not true. family member of mine got into qmul dent with 2490 - if u check medic portal the lowest qmul interviewed was 2300~
and bristol is more flexible for dental applicants, medical applicants usually have to get high

they're probs contextual or do their pathway
Original post by Ajdj12
they're probs contextual or do their pathway

maybe for bristol but qmul 100% not, my family member who got in isnt contextual and doesnt fit into any criteria
Reply 8

What year of entry was your family member? 2022? What about the person from social media? Is that 2022 entry?
Original post by ayesha14
What year of entry was your family member? 2022? What about the person from social media? Is that 2022 entry?

year of entry for the family member was 2020, (yes that was covid year but she got her offer before the mess with alevels happened) . im not sure ab the person off social media, pm me and i can send u there usernamme
Reply 10
year of entry for the family member was 2020, (yes that was covid year but she got her offer before the mess with alevels happened) . im not sure ab the person off social media, pm me and i can send u there usernamme

I will be honest ucat requirements went uppp after 2021. My friend applied 2021 with 2700 band 3 predicted A*AA and got 3 interviews. I applied 2022 same unis with 2710 band 3 predicted A*A*A in the same subjects with similar work exp and ps and got one int. QM rejected me. I think if you want to apply to QM u should have 700 min
Original post by drdent
I will be honest ucat requirements went uppp after 2021. My friend applied 2021 with 2700 band 3 predicted A*AA and got 3 interviews. I applied 2022 same unis with 2710 band 3 predicted A*A*A in the same subjects with similar work exp and ps and got one int. QM rejected me. I think if you want to apply to QM u should have 700 min

This is so true my friend (as a graduate) got into QM with 2740 band 3. They want at least 700+ to be safe for QM.

Quick Reply

Latest