The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
natural selection will get em next time
Reply 2
They are 10 and 12, this really isn't news worthy.
Reply 3
what did you expect another generation of excreted bimbos
Social Darwinism ftw!
I'm trying to think of a good pun, but can't.
Reply 6
They got their Facebook Mafia connections to get them out.
Reply 7
Why do a 10 and 12 year old have facebook? Bad parenting tbh.

Oh... And also the parents failed to realise their daughters were missing.... but thats not the point!
Wow how silly :s:

At least they were lucky and got out okay, could have been a different story :mute:
I wonder how long it will be before the 'Emergency Services' will have a Facebook group?
Reue
Why do a 10 and 12 year old have facebook? Bad parenting tbh.

Oh... And also the parents failed to realise their daughters were missing.... but thats not the point!

Not even bad parenting, its nearly impossible to keep children off FB without taking away all internet privileges or monitoring them at all times. This is by no means an easy task for a parent who work 9-5, clean and cooks.
Reply 11
yoyo462001
Not even bad parenting, its nearly impossible to keep children off FB without taking away all internet privileges or monitoring them at all times. This is by no means an easy task for a parent who work 9-5, clean and cooks.

I personally dont believe 10-12yr olds should really have general internet access anyway.
Reply 12
Reue
I personally dont believe 10-12yr olds should really have general internet access anyway.

Really? :s-smilie:
Reply 13
WhereIsMyMind
I wonder how long it will be before the 'Emergency Services' will have a Facebook group?

Never. Think of the consequences haha
Reply 14
cpj1987
Really? :s-smilie:

Really. I work with mostly 10 - 14yr olds and honestly dont believe that any child under about 13 or 14 is mature enough to be allowed unmonitored internet access.

Speaking with some of the children, its horrifying some of the stuff they come out with including the types of videos they've seen on the internet, stuff theyve read, the fake facebook accounts theyve all setup claiming to be 18yr old girls or the messages theyve recieved from adults.
Reue

Yeah, I kinda agree. I know if I ever have kids they will hate me with a passion because I refuse to believe 95% of children under 13 need a mobile phone, unlimited internet access or designer clothes...actually...no one needs designer clothes but still.

EDIT: although, admittedly, the phone would have been useful in this case had they been able to remember what its principle function actually was...
Reply 16
Reue
Really. I work with mostly 10 - 14yr olds and honestly dont believe that any child under about 13 or 14 is mature enough to be allowed unmonitored internet access.

Speaking with some of the children, its horrifying some of the stuff they come out with including the types of videos they've seen on the internet, stuff theyve read, the fake facebook accounts theyve all setup claiming to be 18yr old girls or the messages theyve recieved from adults.

Wow, fair enough. Seems like a strange opinion to me. What age were you when you started using the internet? I was 11.
My sister's been using it since she was around 8, my brother since 10 or so, and my youngest brother is now 5 and can comfortably use it on his own (though he doesn't yet type web-addresses, it won't be long!)
They'll be recieving the Darwin award in no time.
AlanD1993
Never. Think of the consequences haha

Yeah. See: Health and Relationships forum. :p:
Reply 19
cpj1987
Wow, fair enough. Seems like a strange opinion to me. What age were you when you started using the internet? I was 11.
My sister's been using it since she was around 8, my brother since 10 or so, and my youngest brother is now 5 and can comfortably use it on his own (though he doesn't yet type web-addresses, it won't be long!)

Into my secondary school years before we even had our dial-up internet connection at home, and even then I didnt use anything social networking or communication stuff untill much later.

Why do you believe it to be a strange opinion? I see very few advantages for a child to be using the internet at any <13 age.

Latest

Trending

Trending