The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tom//
one guy told me us news is classed as entertainment so theres no need to be factual

Just like our tabloid press then :biggrin:
Regardless of who rallies round who, this girl has changed her story more times than most change their underwear and involved a man who was later proven innocent. There are so many people who don't even know her convinced of her innocence because of who she is and what she looks like.
Reply 22
she's cute so people will be kinder to her.
Reply 23
Bismarck
I love the British nationalists here: if the suspect's parents are interviewed on American TV and claim their daughter is innocent, that clearly means that the US media is pushing the view that the suspect is innocent. :rolleyes:

I am referring to the hundreds of other programmes and documentaries that omit the dozens of fine points that will eventally put her away. Not just the DNA evidence.

Lets get this straight. They are biased if they refuse to ask the parents any real questions apart from letting them slip into the usual OJ Simpson conspiracy defense: 'the whole Italian legal system is corrupt yada, yada, the evidence was all planted yada, yada, our daughter was tortured into confession yada, yada..'.

What they should ask? Firstly, this question:

Why did Amanda claim to be witness to the murder after the interrogation and point the finger at a completely innocent man as the murderer? And not until it was revealed that he was nowhere near the crime scene did she ever retract the story?

There are more holes in Knox's testimony than a block of swiss cheese, Every single detail of her behaviour and sollecito's during and after is suspect and incoherent compared to her testimony. Just visit this page:

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C196/
Reply 24
I did not realize that Larry King was "the" US media. Whatever he says (or doesn't say) is clearly the view of all Americans news networks. Thanks for telling me.
Larry King isn't even a journalist; he's a current event-centrist talk show host. Claiming his talk show is representative of the US media at large is just silly.
Reply 26
What about TIME magazine?

What about CNN? What about CBS?
What about it? I saw a clip of Amanda's parents talking to Larry King for 1 minute. And Time magazine is a magazine. It is, by definition, a collection of articles by opinionated writers.
niceguy21
What about TIME magazine?

What about CNN? What about CBS?

Are you just editing your post as you search google for "US news organizations?"
Reply 29
The media is a collection of opinionated writers.

This case has seen some of the most innaccurate reporting of recent years. CBS being some of the worst:

See for yourselves:

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C299/
niceguy21
The media is a collection of opinionated writers.

This case has seen some of the most innaccurate reporting of recent years. CBS being some of the worst:

See for yourselves:

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C299/

Apart from that being an absurdly crappy site, did you actually read it? Specifically the second entry on the page, entitled "Anti Justice For Meredith Is Increasingly Bad Business," where they explain how on a tabloid show CBS did some crap reporting on the case and had very poor viewership because of it, but how, "in its painstaking report" NBC Dateline "did a wonderful of explaining the case while remaining highly objective?"

You have just proven to me that you have prejudged the US media and are now trying to validate your judgment with various pickings from one month old websites and Youtube videos. You're wasting my time. This will be my last post on this thread.
Reply 31
fat.american.kid
You're wasting my time. This will be my last post on this thread.

Ego. I did not ask you to post on my thread.

TJMK is a very good site which has thoroughly investigated ALL the evidence..one of the only places that has.

The fact is that this case has been misreported on pure facts (forget opinions) by many high profile US news shows and I have seen a large number of reports articles that have avoided key parts of the prosecution.
niceguy21
Dear TSR,

This tragic murder has really, truly opened my eyes to how biased the US media is. And I will never again believe anything I hear on the news without independent research.

I don't think any sane person could really way up this evidence (I have only put the main points here) and believe her innocence was even likely:

1) Her blood is found mixed with Meredith's (deceased) in 3 locations in the flat. Knox has cut on her neck next day (scratch wound perhaps?)

2) A small sample of her DNA is found on the handle of a knife which has Meredith's on the tip, which is found at her boyfriend's flat next day and has been wire brushed clean and bleached and matches the wound.

3) She has changed her story completely in terms of her location. Firstly claiming she was there and that her boss at the local bar did it all! (destroying his business and putting him through hell - he is later proven to have rock tight alabi) despite her a week later standing by this statement. She then and now claims she was at her boyfriends the whole night, but is still foggy. A story she stands by, despite CCTV evidence strongly to contrary.

4) The couple are accidentally discovered the next day outside the apartment with a mop and bleach and are said to look startled. Police/forensics state the apartment smelt of bleach and had been subject to vigorous cleaning activity, despite non of the blood being cleaned up!

5) The stagged 'brake in' where nothing was stolen, designed to make it look like a robbery/rape, linking Knox's blood to other room.

6) The stab wounds with two knives and 40 bruises found on her body + numerous other pointers which can only be explained with multiple attackers.

7) Knox knowing the state of crime scene before door is knocked down!

The list goes on and on...

Yet I watched this and was dismayed! barely any of the evidence was explored.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OmjhYksebQ

Hundreds of articles all downplay the evidence against her in order to align with some sort of nationalism, Time magazine among them.

Never believe.

She may ne a murderer but she is really beautiful though

Latest

Trending

Trending