The Student Room Group

A2 English coursework on Marxism. Any suggestions on what poem to write about?

I need a Marxist poem i can write an essay on, for task two A2 english lit.

Also does anyone know how i can link the critical anthology into the question?
I'm doing that coursework. Have you looked at 2 Scavengers?
Reply 2
StabiloBoss
I'm doing that coursework. Have you looked at 2 Scavengers?

2 scavengers and a truck or something like that?....i did that at gcse english language

do u kno wht your supose to do with the critical anthology?
Reply 3
Is learning about Marxist poems standard practise at A2 level nowadays?

Slightly alarming to me! Imagine writing essays on poems written in the Nazi ideology!!
briggfoot
Is learning about Marxist poems standard practise at A2 level nowadays?

Slightly alarming to me! Imagine writing essays on poems written in the Nazi ideology!!

They are not Marxist poems but general poems interpreted from a Marxist perspective. Marxist critical theory is one the major critical theories and widely studies at university level. It is very different from studying Nazi literature and Marxism in terms of its ideology and history Marxism is nowhere near the same league as the Nazis so enough with the sensationalist comparisons please.
IamMyself
2 scavengers and a truck or something like that?....i did that at gcse english language

do u kno wht your supose to do with the critical anthology?

Yeah thats the one. Or try Larkin's Mr. Bleaney - a brilliant poem even Larkin was a bit of a git.

I think you asked about the anthology before I answered it in another thread we posted in but if you want me to explain myself better just ask :smile:
Reply 6
StabiloBoss
Yeah thats the one. Or try Larkin's Mr. Bleaney - a brilliant poem even Larkin was a bit of a git.

I think you asked about the anthology before I answered it in another thread we posted in but if you want me to explain myself better just ask :smile:

oh ye thanks i jus read it : D...ohh kl, ill have a look at tht poem. Wht i meant about the scavengers poem was that, is it an okay poem to do at A2 level?
IamMyself
oh ye thanks i jus read it : D...ohh kl, ill have a look at tht poem. Wht i meant about the scavengers poem was that, is it an okay poem to do at A2 level?

Yeah my friend is doing it and we did it for gcse. :smile:
Nazism really departs from Marx, so they're not the same thing at all.
Reply 9
if i did 2 scavenger in a truck what would my question be i stuck on what question i should do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending