The Student Room Group

MSc Public Policy

Hi all,

Looking at Masters programmes and decided that a MSc in Public Policy would probably be the direction I want to go in. Should (fingers crossed) get a 2:1 from a semi-decent uni, plus have a year internship for an MP behind me so I think I probably have an okay shot at most places. Problem is, I don't know where to start!
I was looking at Bristol and UCL as my main choices but to be honest I don't have much more of a clue than that. I'm a bit out in the wilderness as far as these things are concerned so any help would be great (and sorry if this is in the wrong forum). If anyone has any experiences at UCL or Bristol or doing a MSc in Public Policy I would love to hear about your experiences

Thanks!
Reply 1
Boo.
Is there a better forum for this question then?
You could also post in the forums for those particular unis
Reply 3
I don't know anything about UCL or Bristol but I did get an MPP in the US, my only advice would be to get professional experience before doing it (beyond internships)... you'll learn a whole lot more if you can relate what you're learning to what you have done...
Reply 4
I would love to, but I think that's nigh on impossible at the moment. My preferred course of action would to find a job in the area (even vaugely) then do a masters on top in whatever part of the country I found myself, but considering the opportunities I'm not holding out too much hope. Thought this route would help me get an edge over the competition, although I've heard that's probably quite unrealistic.
Reply 5
with a 2:1 from a semi decent uni and a year interning for an MP you are pretty much guaranteed a place at UCL. I just graduated from International Public Policy at UCL which is in the same department. The degree is very good so I can recommend it.
Reply 6
system49
with a 2:1 from a semi decent uni and a year interning for an MP you are pretty much guaranteed a place at UCL. I just graduated from International Public Policy at UCL which is in the same department. The degree is very good so I can recommend it.
That's exactly the kind of response I'm looking for! :p:
Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending