The Student Room Group

The Modern Warfare 2 Society

Poll

Which Gun Do You Think Is Best?

I made thris thread basically to stop the gaming section being filled up with threads about modern warfare 2. Hopefully it will become useful.
I think the game is popular enough to have a society. I have not noticed one already.

If your one of the minority who have been living under a rock for the past few years and dont know what MW2 is, then here is a trailer for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429l13dS6kQ

Here is a list of all the callsigns and how you can unlock them.
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns

Another helpful website:
http://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/multiplayer-map-tips

If you have any more info you think should be included in the first post just let me know :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where is the cheapest place to pick this game up from and should i pre-order it now or wait for the release day and go at midnight to get it??
£40-45 at the moment I think. (Unless you are getting it for the PC). You would be best waiting for closer to release for last minute deals. Since it is such a popular title don't expect much however.
Reply 3
ok cheers. Should i pre-order it or gamble on being able to get it on the day???
Reply 4
Probably pre-order, cos it's a BIG release. Ive just pre-ordered the prestige edition one which is gonna set me back £120 ;|
Cheapest you'll get it on release day will be about £40-45, and yeah maybe a lil cheaper for PC, cos games are generally cheaper on it.
Reply 5
You may get lucky with such a popular game like this, sometimes supermarkets etc will drop the price for a week or so not long after release, so might be worth waiting.

Personally I will wait until I can it for sub £30 (PC version) as I have never and probably won't pay more than £30 for a game.
Reply 6
Considering you can still pay £30 for MW1 I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'd say preorder to avoid disappointment
You know you're so poor you have to steal it :evil:
For COD5 the preorder price was £40-£50 but on the day of relase asda was doing an special offer of £27 so i am going to wait til the day of the release
Reply 9
Stringer987
For COD5 the preorder price was £40-£50 but on the day of relase asda was doing an special offer of £27 so i am going to wait til the day of the release

Yeh they do that with fifa every year aswell. I might pre-order it from GAME but go check out asda on the day of release and see which is cheaper.
Last I heard, you can pre order it (PS3, 360) from Argos for £36 with free delivery, by using voucher code 'Game20'.

Not sure if it's still on.

I'll be getting it for PC myself. :smile:
Reply 11
I'd say pre-order it, and if there is a cheaper deal nearer or on release, get that and send back the more expensive one. That's what I'll be doing.
Reply 12
If i pre-order from GAME, can i just leave it and not tell them???
Reply 13
815 Iain
Last I heard, you can pre order it (PS3, 360) from Argos for £36 with free delivery, by using voucher code 'Game20'.

Not sure if it's still on.

I'll be getting it for PC myself. :smile:

:s-smilie: Argos are still saying 13th of November is the release date....silly silly people at Argos!

King CalZ
If i pre-order from GAME, can i just leave it and not tell them???

Not tell them what?
Reply 14
bigmo7
:s-smilie: Argos are still saying 13th of November is the release date....silly silly people at Argos!

Not tell them what?

Well, like if i pre-order it will they charge me for it or do you not put your credit card details when you pre-order?
Reply 15
King CalZ
Well, like if i pre-order it will they charge me for it or do you not put your credit card details when you pre-order?

You'll give your credit details and they charge your account closer to the time of release....
Reply 16
bigmo7
You'll give your credit details and they charge your account closer to the time of release....

surely they charge your account at the time when you give you credit details at any transaction?
Anyways, I hope hackers wont ruin MW2 like they have ruined MW! recently with their flying during S&D
Reply 17
Toxic
surely they charge your account at the time when you give you credit details at any transaction?
Anyways, I hope hackers wont ruin MW2 like they have ruined MW! recently with their flying during S&D

No, if you preorder they charge your account a few days before release date so you can cancel before that time...
Most people I know are going to try local supermarkets on day of release, i really want this but my eyes water at the price, not sure i'd be able to get to a midnight opening anwhere, or even get to a supermarket early enough in the day to grab one at cheap price.
I can't deicde if i think they will sell out or not, they will obviously be ordering a hella lot cause they know the demand will be huge...
Reply 19
I just spotted that Activision dropped the Hardened Edition for PC; and my respect for Activision as a company just dropped to null.

Quick Reply

Latest