The Student Room Group

The Modern Warfare 2 Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Just got it. There were 5 tills selling the 360 version and 2 serving the ps3 version. When I got my copy there were less than 20 left! And the queue was still out the door!!

Now for a long day in university with the game sitting in my bag :frown:

doubt I will be bothered with the single player for a few weeks though.

Btw is it co-op campaign?
Oh-No!
Asda is £32.
Tesco is £25 when bought with another chart game.
Morrisons is apparantly £25.99 - should be in the papers today.

Thanks!

Looks like I'm going to Morrisons in my free periods today then!
Reply 582
Varciani
Thanks!

Looks like I'm going to Morrisons in my free periods today then!

Are you sure it is wise to leave it that long? Pretty much all the cheaper places are already sold out.
Reply 583
I went to Sainsburys today at 7am and there were loads of copies left. It opened at 6am and apparently there were about 80 people queuing there this morning. This is in London as well. I shoulda bought more than 1...
Reply 584
AsystoleUK
It just occurred to me that I have no wireless adaptor for my xbox yet (until I get my loan) and my PS3 currently needs fixing by sony for £100 because the disc reader went FUBAR.

I might as well wait. :< Multiplayers the best part

Why not just use an Ethernet cable temporarily? I have never bothered wasting my money on a wireless adapter. You could either use a cable from a laptop, so the laptop acts a bridge, or run a cable direct from the router.

spikeymike
If you're in London... which is like massive, I live in a small town, should techincally probably only about 1 queuing :p:

I wouldn't count on that. There were several hundred people queuing in my local ASDA last year for WaW. Fair enough, it was in a city, but I heard the same story from a friend who went to his local one (he lives about 30 miles away) in his small town. No matter where you go/went, there will/was most likely a queue upon opening/launch.
Reply 585
Zig
I went to Sainsburys today at 7am and there were loads of copies left. It opened at 6am and apparently there were about 80 people queuing there this morning. This is in London as well. I shoulda bought more than 1...

My Sainsburys had a 1 copy per customer policy. There were also about 100 people outside mine, they only had one till on for about 20 minutes too which was a nightmare.
wheres the cheapest place i can get it on the net cos i cant be bothered to go out and get it :tongue: its prob sold out anyways :s-smilie:
Reply 587
8 eugenius
wheres the cheapest place i can get it on the net cos i cant be bothered to go out and get it :tongue: its prob sold out anyways :s-smilie:

Have you checked ASDA online? Amazon?

They would be the obvious places to start after how many times people have said they are about 32 pounds.
meskell
Have you checked ASDA online? Amazon?

They would be the obvious places to start after how many times people have said they are about 32 pounds.

yean amazon doing for £32, asda has gone up to £44.91 :s-smilie: i better get myself a copy :woo:
Reply 589
Probably pretty good. Stores will have huge amounts of the game in because selling out is bad for them!

That said i dont think sainsburys will have many at £26
Reply 590
Twas fine for me, zero queue at 8:20
£26
Lovely :smile:
Morrissons have them at £25.99 lol, why in gods name would people pay any more than £30 I have no idea, I walked into my local Morrissons at a normal time this morning, picked one up, wasnt busy, wasnt sold out, and saved me a good £20 compared to most people. Its not much difference to the first game, unfortunately.
Reply 592
I don't know why CEX think they're gonna get away with selling MW for £55 used. Surely nobody's that desperate...Actually, they probably are. :smile:

Waiting for Christmas for my copy. Woo for Christmas lag!
Reply 593
So i just missed the offer. FML. Anyone know if the offer still stands tomorrow?
Are Morrisons or Sainsburys still doing it for £26?
What was with all the queues? I strolled into Sainsburys this morning at 9, pick up a copy paid £26 for it and left withing about 5 minutes having saved myself £20 :cute:
TheGreatest21
Are Morrisons or Sainsburys still doing it for £26?

They were at 9:00 this morning, so I would imagine they will keep it up for the next couple of days or until stocks run out, so you should be able to pick a copy up today for £26 :yep:
Awesome, the place I live in is very small. So there should be copies. Excited now!
Just joking, this game is epic. =] See you guys online.
Reply 599
awww.. i cant play it till i get back from uni on saturday, i cant wait that long!

Quick Reply

Latest