The Student Room Group

The Modern Warfare 2 Society

Scroll to see replies

Madjackismad
Going as sniper requires an element of camping though, since you know you want to be kept hidden, take the shot and then move to another location.

Which is fair enough. It's the faggots sitting in a corner of a room with a heartbeat sensor, ninja and cold-blooded that I think, what are you really getting out of this?! You can see them in the killcams actually aiming down the sights just waiting.
Magnanimity
Which is fair enough. It's the faggots sitting in a corner of a room with a heartbeat sensor, ninja and cold-blooded that I think, what are you really getting out of this?! You can see them in the killcams actually aiming down the sights just waiting.

Those guys have no skill though, usually I just run round the corner and throw a knife at them, very very satisfying. :p: What annoys me the most is the guys that use akimbo shoutguns or submachine guns and they run around using lightweight, marathon and commando.
Reply 1582
Madjackismad
Those guys have no skill though, usually I just run round the corner and throw a knife at them, very very satisfying. :p: What annoys me the most is the guys that use akimbo shoutguns or submachine guns and they run around using lightweight, marathon and commando.

I had a go the other day with the akimbo double barrelled shotguns on Favela, with the riot shield on my back. It was amusing but wasn't great on the kd, no that I care much about that anyway as my repeated games going 3-20 using the riot shield as my sole weapon will testify :p:
meskell
I had a go the other day with the akimbo double barrelled shotguns on Favela, with the riot shield on my back. It was amusing but wasn't great on the kd, no that I care much about that anyway as my repeated games going 3-20 using the riot shield as my sole weapon will testify :p:

Riot shield is incredibly annoying on S & D, especially if the guy with it is protecting the guy planting the bomb. I try to flank, but always get ganked by riot shield dude. :mad:
Reply 1584
Madjackismad
Riot shield is incredibly annoying on S & D, especially if the guy with it is protecting the guy planting the bomb. I try to flank, but always get ganked by riot shield dude. :mad:

I do hate fighting someone with a riot shield because they are incredibly annoying! That is why I always keep a grenade handy so I can cook it and roll it at their feet :wink:

I do rememvber a truly hilarious match on Derail were everyone randomly started using riot shields and it ended up with both teams charging eachoter for a riot shield melee match.
Definitly my best moment on MW2 lol.
Madjackismad

I like to go up behind them, wait a few seconds and then either throw a knife at them or sticky them with semtex.

Must be soul destroying on the killcam :rofl:
meskell
I do hate fighting someone with a riot shield because they are incredibly annoying! That is why I always keep a grenade handy so I can cook it and roll it at their feet :wink:

I do rememvber a truly hilarious match on Derail were everyone randomly started using riot shields and it ended up with both teams charging eachoter for a riot shield melee match.

Sounds fun. :awesome: My best moment has to be on S & D when I was sniping and the bomb was planted on Sub base. I was up on the roof bit and ran over to the bomb, saw the guy hiding in the corner, so I used the ACOG scope (was trying to get thermal at the time), blasted the guy in the head while jumping off the roof and defused the bomb. :cool:
Magnanimity
I like to go up behind them, wait a few seconds and then either throw a knife at them or sticky them with semtex.

Must be soul destroying on the killcam :rofl:

Throwing knifes is just so fun. I hate it when that happens to me, I'm by the window, sniping, I turn around and there's the enemy just standing there, I try to react = dead. Sometimes though, I panick and pull off a lucky shot (which at point blank with sniper would kill them straight away).
Reply 1588
I love noob snipers who don't listen to their surroundings. It's quite funny walking up beside them whilst they're aiming down their sights, and shooting inches from their head until they finally turn around. Then it's stabby time.
Ghost
I love noob snipers who don't listen to their surroundings. It's quite funny walking up beside them whilst they're aiming down their sights, and shooting inches from their head until they finally turn around. Then it's stabby time.

Claymores. :wink:
Reply 1590
I ****** hate Karachi. I decided to give it a go today and it's just campers paradise.
Reply 1591
what do people use for perk 3? i'm having a hard time deciding.
Roobsa
what do people use for perk 3? i'm having a hard time deciding.

None of the perk 3 options are patricularly good imo, i use commando pro, every now and then you find yourself doing a ridiculously far knife attack when you have it activated and having no falling damage (on pro) is nice to have.

I wouldnt reccomend using scambler, seems cool but it really just warns people of your presence and makes them more alert.
Reply 1593
I haven't had a single game in the past two hours where my connection has held throughout. :mad:
Reply 1594
rich2606
how is camping such a big deal? I've only played multiplayer for a couple of hours so far so maybe i'm missing something, but if someone is camping then that sets you up for an easy kill when you respawn as you know exactly where they are... Also the bullets seems to have tracers, so its easy to work out a campers location without being killed.

An individual camping isn't a problem. Usually anyway. Unless they're somewhat decent anyway, like when I decide to camp a spot between running around for a minute or two, if people know where I am, it's still pretty hard to get me killed because I know how to dig in and change my position regularly.

Entire teams of 6-9 people camping however, is a problem. It's nearly impossible to take out a team that has dug itself in and covered all angles. That's a problem.
Reply 1595
my 6 year old nephew has been watching me play online the last half an hour and in every game my k/d ratio hasn't been less than 5:1 (!). he's brought me some good luck and my overall k/d ratio has gone upto 1.95 now which i'm happy about.
Reply 1596
meskell

I remember having a game like that in CoD4.

We did a few rounds of shotgun only, RPG only, knife only etc in HCTDM. Was so much fun.
Reply 1597
Woo am finally getting the hang of this game. About time. I still qualify for n00b status though...:colondollar:
Reply 1598
Hardcore is just silly; I don't mind the HUD being invisible, it's just the fact that you can kill someone with 2 bullets that sucks.
Reply 1599
After actually trying out a class with lightweight, mara, commando and 1887s.

It's ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Latest