The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Biomedical science at hull

making a thread for anyone applying here , or anyone whos going here to study biomedical science.

Also if you are currently studying here a science or biomedical science, please feel free to express your experence here.
Reply 1
Original post by reikazen
making a thread for anyone applying here , or anyone whos going here to study biomedical science.

Also if you are currently studying here a science or biomedical science, please feel free to express your experence here.

Hey I've just recieved a conditional offer on the terms i get BBB. Studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology. Hull will be my Firm. I've also applied to the 4 years masters but still waiting on a reply.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
I have two friends on the four year Masters course and I honestly thought they'd stopped this degree :redface:
Hmm, learn something new every day :P
They're loving it btw :smile:

^ Random post over
I've applied for this degree, got a conditional offer.
Reply 4
Original post by Nolfie
I have two friends on the four year Masters course and I honestly thought they'd stopped this degree :redface:
Hmm, learn something new every day :P
They're loving it btw :smile:

^ Random post over

I did aswell. i couldn't find it on UCAS when choosing my courses.

A few weeks later i decided to change one of my choices and stumbled across it.

Got an interview on the 26th of feb. Excited :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Tezza19
I did aswell. i couldn't find it on UCAS when choosing my courses.

A few weeks later i decided to change one of my choices and stumbled across it.

Got an interview on the 26th of feb. Excited :smile:

Aah, cool, glad I'm not the only one who thought they had :redface:

Good luck with the interview! :smile: The department seem quite nice :smile:
Hi there,

i'm currently in my final year of studying Biomedical Science at Hull so thought I would give you a quick reply.

With regards to the 4 year Masters course, you have to understand what you're letting yourself in for. You have to achieve consistently high marks to keep in line with the requirements of the course and if you don't, then the department definitely isn't afraid of moving you to the 3 year course! I know a few people who have switched from 4 year to 3 year purely because of the immense stress it has caused them. By all means go for it, just understand it's very hard work!

If you have any other question please feel free to contact me
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ConfusedChemist08
Hi there,

i'm currently in my final year of studying Biomedical Science at Hull so thought I would give you a quick reply.

With regards to the 4 year Masters course, you have to understand what you're letting yourself in for. You have to achieve consistently high marks to keep in line with the requirements of the course and if you don't, then the department definitely isn't afraid of moving you to the 3 year course! I know a few people who have switched from 4 year to 3 year purely because of the immense stress it has caused them. By all means go for it, just understand it's very hard work!
If you have any other question please feel free to contact me

Hi, wonder if you could help me pleasee?? I'm applying to Hull 2013 for Biomedicine. But I want to further my studies from a BSc, what opportunities are there? Is there possibilities of medicine transfer?
Reply 8
Well unless your on the 4 year course there isn't too much outside experience as such. The Biology department do send emails around every now and again with internship opportunities in the summer as well as related part-time jobs. There are career fairs and careers officers to help you out. As for medicine i don't think you can transfer mid course atleast but i had heard from a friend also taking this route that applying to HYMS as an undergraduate finishing Biomed makes it much easier to get on the course. I have yet to confirm this information but apparently you can get on it with a lower grade 2.2 etc. then would be required from other universities if you've study at Hull before. We have a few lecturers that teach for HYMS too and they usually identify themselves as such so it's a good idea to chat to them after lectures or email them.

Quick Reply

Latest