bnp paribus....
its french bank...
does any1 have any tips or qurstions they could ask me and answers to them>
Reply 3
Econ4m1t
bnp paribus....
its french bank...
does any1 have any tips or qurstions they could ask me and answers to them>

no idea, IQ test can be anything that is related to IQ related. Just practise such a questions i guess and practise some brain teaser questions for interviews. Rest is normal preparation of reading company profiles, its research in hedge funds, know the market etc etc.
Reply 4
you should be able to find some free IQ tests on the internet
Reply 5
does any1 no exactly what a hedge fund is...all i know is that its a firm which invests a lot of money into companies/shares for quick profits...:s-smilie:
any help please
Reply 6
George Soros had a big one and earned major money :cool:
Reply 7
Econ4m1t
does any1 no exactly what a hedge fund is...all i know is that its a firm which invests a lot of money into companies/shares for quick profits...:s-smilie:
any help please

Really use google and search hedge fund, it would give you better answer and more detailed than what i can write in top of my head.
Reply 8
Man I have one soon and I am worried also. Just gotta approach this. Cool and calm.
In the US I think its not legal to ask for IQ tests. Instead they ask brainteasers. Wonderful. :frown:
Reply 9
mahras
Man I have one soon and I am worried also. Just gotta approach this. Cool and calm.
In the US I think its not legal to ask for IQ tests. Instead they ask brainteasers. Wonderful. :frown:

i think brainteasers are more fun and flexible sometimes. As IQ tests gives less flexibility for you to defend if you get it wrong the score cannot be argued i guess?
Econ4m1t
any help please

if ur going 4 this internship should u not really know more about hedge funds without having to learn it just cos of the interview lol :confused:
Reply 11
Neocortex
i think brainteasers are more fun and flexible sometimes. As IQ tests gives less flexibility for you to defend if you get it wrong the score cannot be argued i guess?

Yes thats true. No need to worry about it.

And yes I find it pretty weird the OP doesnt know what a hedge fund is.
Econ4m1t
any help please

not being nasty mate, but i think if you don't even know what they do, then you're chances of getting an internship are very low indeed. bnp paribas is just a (mid-level) french investment bank, their hedge fund operations aren't really that well known - its not like they are MAN group or Egerton Capital. so that works to your advantage. i would recommend you do a lot of research on how hedge funds work before the interview. there's plenty of info out there, its not a hard concept to grasp.
Reply 13
I think he is getting an internship in the prime brokerage division. Thats not a hedge fund but brokers for hedge funds and other institutions.
Reply 14
ye..ill let u no how it went ill post a new thread up next thursday evening
Reply 15
Econ4m1t
ye..ill let u no how it went ill post a new thread up next thursday evening

my friend is into hedge funds a bi and has put few links for those interested in it:

just click the links in his reply: http://www.gfbn.org//index.php?showtopic=109&st=0&#entry381

Latest

Trending

Trending