The Student Room Group

Wisdom tooth: Infected! What to eat?

Hi people,

My lower right widsom tooth decided to pop through sometime last week and decided to get infected :frown: I'm on antibiotics and have to use a syringe to flush out all the food that is getting stuck under the flap of skin. I'll have an x-ray today and will hopefully get all 4 wisdom teeth removed next week *scared*

Has anyone been in a similar situation re. the infection?

It is EXTREMELY painful to eat. I cried when I ate baby food yesterday!!! :mad: I find that watermelon is ok, cereal is ok if I let it soak in milk...baby food is ok but it does hurt to eat it...That's pretty much what I eat :frown: I tried icecream but that is very painful to eat. It's ok when I am eating it but after my gum hurts so much :frown:

Does anyone have some other ideas?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I know when one of my wisdom teeth in particular was bad I ate a lot of mashed potato and had soup. Might be worth a shot? Atleast they're nutritious!

Are you flushing the food out with a syringe of water or a medicated mouthwash? If you can get it I'd try rinsing with Corsodyl.

Hope the extractions go okay, you'll be fine I'm sure. Two of my wisdom teeth extractions were surgical and the teeth had to be quartered and cut out and jaw bone removed to do so. It sounds awful and it would have been considered a very difficult extraction but really it wasn't so bad at all - I just had it done under a local, the pain afterwards was actually relatively minimal considering, as was the swelling. I got a small bruise on the side of my face but nothing major! The stitches were the most annoying part.
Reply 2
NatalieMT
I know when one of my wisdom teeth in particular was bad I ate a lot of mashed potato and had soup. Might be worth a shot? Atleast they're nutritious!

Are you flushing the food out with a syringe of water or a medicated mouthwash? If you can get it I'd try rinsing with Corsodyl.

Hope the extractions go okay, you'll be fine I'm sure. Two of my wisdom teeth extractions were surgical and the teeth had to be cut out and jaw bone removed. It sounds awful but really it wasn't so bad at all - I just had it done under a local, the pain afterwards was actually relatively minimal considering, as was the swelling. I got a small bruise on the side of my face but nothing major! The stitches were the most annoying part.

The potatoes sounds good. I can try that.

I'm flushing the out out with salty water. It seems to be going ok so far. The jaw bone being cut doesn't sound too nice;( I have to go to hospital to get mine out. My sisters boyfriend said that his didn't hurt at all, while a friend of mine said the pain was really bad. Hope it will be ok:smile:

Latest