The Student Room Group

Feel that I'm way out of my boyfriend's league

I really don't know where to begin with this.

We've been together for about 3 months (who's counting?) and in all that time, I've just seen him as an embarrassment. People would never guess he's my boyfriend when they see us walking together in the High Street because (I've been told) they wouldn't expect a girl like me to look at a guy like that.

I never let him hold my hand, and we only kiss in private. The sex is really good, and he does buy me loads of presents etc. I just can't help thinking when we're shopping for knickers for me in La Senza though or whatever, that the girls working there are thinking 'what the heck are you doing with him?' Last time we were there I asked him to go into M&S to look at cutlery because I was so embarrassed of what people thought.

On the plus side, he does have a car, and he takes me loads of places and never asks for a penny in petrol, whereas my old boyfriend would keep a list of the number of miles he'd driven me and bill me at the end of the month (:mad: - I soon got rid).

I suppose we talk a lot, and he understands my needs etc, but I just can't stop thinking that I'm way out of his league.

What would you do in my situation?

Scroll to see replies

I call troll.
Leave the guy, for his sake rather than your own.
Reply 3
Troll?

Or dump him....and pull that stick out of your arse.
Reply 4
You're joking/trolling, right?

Please put this guy out of his misery and leave him.
Reply 5
Why the heck do people keep calling me a troll for stating my situation?
Reply 6
You need more confidence.

**** other people, he's with you not them.
Reply 7
Don't feel so sad, you're the best he's ever had.
Don't feel so wrong, let me be your King Kong.
I'll save you from misery, please troll come be with me. :tongue:uppy:
Your boyfirend must be the very definition of minger.
Reply 9
If you have real feelings towards this guy, you wouldn't care about what he looks like to eveyone else :smile:
Reply 10
Eurgh you are dutty!
Sigh. These trolls need to fix up. That "New Member" status is always a tell tale sign. Altho I rate you on trying to make ur trolling authentic by having an avatar and profile picture
Reply 12
You're pretty average looking so i'll assume he looks like a ****. You're all mouth and no heart tbh.
wtf? u've got a great bf and ur worried about what others might be saying???????
Reply 14
2010graduate
Why the heck do people keep calling me a troll for stating my situation?

Because you're obvious, boring and even went to the trouble to create a whole profile for this.
Reply 15
The thing is, you're not even hot and I'd be embarassed to be seen with you shopping for size 18 lingerie in La Senza.
Reply 16
Try to remove my overly large head from my rectum probably.
Reply 17
He sounds like a decent guy, whereas you sound awful. :/

I have no sympathy for you, to be honest. But, if you're so horribly uncomfortable with how he 'makes you look in public', then leave the poor guy before you hurt him anymore.
Well looking at your profile pic, you're not that hot yourself so you must be dating sasquatch or something.
Reply 19
T-Star*
The thing is, you're not even hot and I'd be embarassed to be seen with you shopping for size 18 lingerie in La Senza.

Darling they only go up to size 16 in La Senza, so that would render any potential girlfriend of yours unable to shop there.

Latest

Trending

Trending