The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i think the guy on the comments said it best

"And yet £3000 can't be found to cover the cost of cancer or other drugs that have paid into the system all their life!"
Reply 21
Anae
Before you Daily Mail readers have too much fun jerking each other off with your righteousness and sarcastic eye-rolling smilies, please consider 1) the amount of bias and venom that goes into these reports, and 2) why no stories about British nationals claiming false benefits are ever printed in the Daily Mail. That is why you're being laughed at; no one is saying fraud is ok, but it's the sheer bloody-minded xenophobia behind all this that makes you look ridiculous.

never seems to be anymore venom in their reports as any other newspaper.

and as for your second point

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?searchPhrase=benefit+cheat

:rofl2: fail :facepalm2:
It's like The Sun but without the lady lumps!
Gilly Gillett
Hahaha, good old reliable Daily Fail!!

All hail the daily fail! :yep:
Yes, this story is frustrating - but because somebody is cheating. I couldn't care less what colour they are, and I really don't see why it's important; what matters are that they are cheating the system.

But it's true, a large amount of these reports is towards immigrants cheating the system, apparently 'British folk' don't cheat the system :rolleyes:
Reply 25
The taxpayer payed for much worse things, it's funny people get angry over this but are passive when it comes to the billions handed out to greedy capitalists.
Reply 26
Doodahdoo
Yes, this story is frustrating - but because somebody is cheating. I couldn't care less what colour they are, and I really don't see why it's important; what matters are that they are cheating the system.

But it's true, a large amount of these reports is towards immigrants cheating the system, apparently 'British folk' don't cheat the system :rolleyes:

overwhelmingly british
Reply 27
tom//
never seems to be anymore venom in their reports as any other newspaper.

and as for your second point

:rofl2: fail :facepalm2:

If by 'any other newspaper' you mean any other red-top. It's a joke how much anger and negativity goes into the Daily Mail.

And yes, saying they never get reported was slight hyperbole on my part, but are you really trying to tell me that the Daily Mail gives equal weight to stories about British Nationals and to foreigners? Citing one example doesn't cut it; take a step back and have a look at how often each of them are reported on.

Edit: not just talking about benefit fraud. Talking about reporting in general.
well there are millions more whiteys out there doing the same - lets seem the DM give them some airtime
Reply 29
Clubber Lang
well there are millions more whiteys out there doing the same - lets seem the DM give them some airtime

She looks enough white to me.:confused:
Fusion
She looks enough white to me.:confused:

I think the key words are SOMALIAN and AFGHAN in those headlines which implies foreign

There are millions of dole scroungers in this country - I even hear of a Mayor being done for claiming disability allowance fraudulently as well as a Councillor

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641313528

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Councillor-jailed-over-benefit-fraud.5368475.jp

Too many tossers on the take in this ocuntry

My only regret is I am not :yep:
Reply 31
Spike4848
I care about the fact that they defrauded the system, but I do not care what nationality they are.

This is a simple cause of tax and benefit fraud. What's your point?

QFT.

:yep:

I bet you could find cases of fraud from a variety of nationalities, no point trying to label one nation as fraudsters.
Doodahdoo

Well said. :yep:
Reply 33
Doodahdoo

But it's true, a large amount of these reports is towards immigrants cheating the system, apparently 'British folk' don't cheat the system

Yes British people do try and defraud the system, and we've got enough on our plate trying to sort out our own problems without importing MORE!
What really narks me here is how our government bends over backwards to cater for people who arrive at Britain (some of which hate our guts, and would rather us all dead,) while there are OAPs that worked their whole life paying in to the NHS etc etc who cannot afford to heat their homes AND eat, they have to choose one or the other!!!:mad: :mad:

What is going on here?! These people have paid in to the system all their lives, a lot of them have fought for this country, and now they are being failed (NHS can't afford THEIR treatment, of course) whilst newcomers are being catered for???!
The government is meant to serve the interests of the British people, and tax spent improving our lives, not people from all over the world who understandably make a bee-line for Britain.

"Charity begins at home," and a lot of OUR OWN people are living in poverty. It's not asking too much for them to be looked after first, is it?:dontknow:
Obviously it is, and we're "Nazi's" for daring to think that.:rolleyes:

Gilly Gillett

Hahaha, good old reliable Daily Fail!!

thunder_chunky
All hail the daily fail! :yep:

Typical responce there...
Just because the basis of the article (which is accurate, or they'd be in court,) doesn't agree with your "it's all working great" view of multi-culturalism, smear, sneer, and generally try and discredit the source, rather than having to confront the content.:p:

Ducks for cover.:biggrin:
MaceyThe

Just because the basis of the article (which is accurate, or they'd be in court,) doesn't agree with your "it's all working great" view of multi-culturalism, smear, sneer, and generally try and discredit the source, rather than having to confront the content.:p:

Ducks for cover.:biggrin:

Hahaha! My view of multi-culturalism is nothing like "it's all working great", this is just a typically Daily Mail article, that's all I meant to say.
After I was refused 2 jobs because I can't speak an Eastern European language, and therefore might upset the workforce, you can probably imagine what my view of immigration is...it's just not as "OMG THERE'S A [insert news story], IT'S THEM IMMIGRANTS AGAIN!" as the Daily Mail is.
Reply 35
MaceyThe
Yes British people do try and defraud the system, and we've got enough on our plate trying to sort out our own problems without importing MORE!
What really narks me here is how our government bends over backwards to cater for people who arrive at Britain (some of which hate our guts, and would rather us all dead,) while there are OAPs that worked their whole life paying in to the NHS etc etc who cannot afford to heat their homes AND eat, they have to choose one or the other!!!:mad: :mad:

Hmmm, well if that does happen then it is their own fault. Our Governemnt unsurprisingly pays out for all of their needs(http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/. If pensioners do die for these reasons it is through faults of their own. Not immigrants. Although i can't see that stopping you. What unrelated problem will you be blaming them for next. It reminds me of the "dey turk ur jurbs!!" South Park episode.

The government is meant to serve the interests of the British people, and tax spent improving our lives, not people from all over the world who understandably make a bee-line for Britain.

Nope, the Government serves the interests of British Citizens (see here :wink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_citizenship) We have a civic concept of nationhood, not an ethnic one.

"Charity begins at home," and a lot of OUR OWN people are living in poverty. It's not asking too much for them to be looked after first, is it?:dontknow:

How are we not looking after them ffs! We have one of the largest welfare states in the world. And one of the highest number of citizens claiming from it. How exactly are we not helping the poor?

Nope, people were just pointing out the rather blatant intentions behind your post, and provided examples of a multicultural welfare problem, which includes the white people you innocently forgot to mention. :rolleyes:
Reply 36
Out of all the wasted/abused/fraudulent tax money - lets go and pick on that 1 or 2 afghan families. Nice one Daily Fail.
I'm sure British citizens do it too, so why does it matter what nationality they are? The world is full of frauds.
Reply 38
Aeolus
Hmmm, well if that does happen then it is their own fault. Our Governemnt unsurprisingly pays out for all of their needs(http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/. If pensioners do die for these reasons it is through faults of their own.

Aeolus

How are we not looking after them ffs! We have one of the largest welfare states in the world. And one of the highest number of citizens claiming from it. How exactly are we not helping the poor?

You tell that to the 1.8million (approx 1/3) of pensioners in the UK living in poverty! A poverty rate amongst the highest in Europe, and a national disgrace!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5912603/British-pensioners-among-Europes-poorest.html

Nope, the Government serves the interests of British Citizens (see here :wink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_citizenship) We have a civic concept of nationhood, not an ethnic one.

Well hows-about they stop dishing out citizenship for just one minute, and stop using tax-payers money for £1.2million rent houses for asylum seekers (asylum seekers are not British citizens,) untill everyone who's already here has been seen to??!?!:whoknows:

Aeolus

Nope, people were just pointing out the rather blatant intentions behind your post, and provided examples of a multicultural welfare problem, which includes the white people you innocently forgot to mention. :rolleyes:

Everyone who posts a new thread on here has underlying intentions.

My intention was to give an example of how our asylum system (and the taxpayer) is being taken for a ride, and to high-light that politicians (such as Baroness Warsi on national television,) claiming that "there is no such thing as a bogus asylum seeker" are lying through their back teeth to the British public.

Don't open my threads next time if you'd prefer to be left in the dark.:wink:
Reply 39
MaceyThe
You tell that to the 1.8million (approx 1/3) of pensioners in the UK living in poverty! A poverty rate amongst the highest in Europe, and a national disgrace!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5912603/British-pensioners-among-Europes-poorest.html

I didn't say we didn't have pensioner poverty. I said that the Government does more than enough to cater for their needs, in most cases it is the fault of the individual pensioner. Are you saying the help isn't there? Did you even have a look at the pensions website i linked you?

Well hows-about they stop dishing out citizenship for just one minute, and stop using tax-payers money for £1.2million rent houses for asylum seekers (asylum seekers are not British citizens,) untill everyone who's already here has been seen to??!?!:whoknows:

Right ok lets look at it this way. There are 9 people in that family, lets say for just one minute we ignore their pleas to stay together, and put them up in your run of the mill 3 bedroom council house. That is 3 houses they would need, which would inevitably cost more than the rent for the one they are staying in and would split them up. So what you are advocating is that we spend more money on them?

My intention was to give an example of how our asylum system (and the taxpayer) is being taken for a ride,

How exactly is our system being taken for a ride? :lolwut: Do you think this is a family of criminal masterminds who made their dastardly plans in Somalia to come over here pretending to run from war and death, so they could get their hands on a luxury flat? Get real Macey.

and to high-light that politicians (such as Baroness Warsi on national television,) claiming that "there is no such thing as a bogus asylum seeker" are lying through their back teeth to the British public.

How exactly is this family bogus?

Don't open my threads next time if you'd prefer to be left in the dark.:wink:

No, i enjoy debunking inaccurate garbage. :h: You still haven't responded to my reply in the other thread :wink: Just thought id remind you.

Latest

Trending

Trending