The Student Room Group

excel 2007 system help help help!!

for my as module i had to make an excel system to hold customer info, product info and produce an invoice. my system wasnt very good anyway, but now i've lost the 'finished' one and have had to rebuild it all :frown:

my friend showed me how to make a macro which took me to the customer page, inserted a new row of cells, and bought up a box that allowed me to enter the customer's details (like you would when you register on a website) it also has to generate the next id number aswell - i'm just using the basic 1,2,3,4... etc as the id numbers

i need to do the same sort of thing with the products but enter the description aswell

does anyone know what i mean/ how to do it? please help :s-smilie: i need to rebuild it by january!!!

thanks x
Reply 1
So what are you stuck on?
Ok, so from what I understand you already have most of it working but just need to add a Description box? How well do you know VBA? It sounds like you've not really seen it before, which could make this challenging. Basically you need to do this:

Go to Developer -> Visual Basic Editor

Find your form. Add another edit box and a label describing it as "Description"

In the VBA code, find the event which fires off when you enter the receipt. You need to populate the appropriate cell with the value of your Edit Box.

Latest

Trending

Trending