The Student Room Group

Russell Howard - worst comedian out there!

Scroll to see replies

Funniness is subjective. We all have different tastes. If he bothers you that much, there is an "off" button at the top of your remote that you can press. Works a treat. :smile:
Reply 81
moomin_love
I love him! He's really funny! Russell Howard's News of the Week or whatever it's called is great! I think it's because he just looks really cute while doing all of those things. He's definitely got looks on his side, which a lot of comedians don't have. In fact, he is probably THE hottest comedian :biggrin: Just because you don't share the same sense of humour as him doesn't mean you have to slate him. He makes loads of people laugh and has loads of sell out gigs so stop being so horrible. He's never done anything to you, if you don't like him then don't watch him! Simple. I don't go making threads about people I don't like... It's not nice. Imagine if someone found a website saying how horrible and unfunny you were when it's your profession. I'd feel pretty rubbish and probably get pretty depressed if it was me :frown: Make a thread about something somebody cares about.

lol...wut?
EssexDan86
Seriously, what were they thinking letting this man onto Mock the Week? He even makes Andy Parsons look good. Is there anyone else out there who thinks his concept of 'humour' is absolutely atrocious? It seems to consist of:

-Regurgitating other people's jokes and pulling a face
-Speaking in a Bristol accent and pulling a face
-Saying something really low-brow, pulling a face and making some random arm movements
-Talking about something he read in the Daily Mail, and pulling a face
-Pulling a face

If you like him, WHY?! Nearly any other comedian is funnier, with the exception of Jim Davidson!

100% this.
LMAO the daily mail dislikes immigration OMDz russel you are so amusing.
w04andia
lol...wut?

He's soo fit! I would do him any day! I love him :biggrin:
I think he's really funny on 'mock the week'
Reply 85
moomin_love
He's soo fit! I would do him any day! I love him :biggrin:

ok ok, fair do's :smile:
CharlieBee_90
Funniness is subjective. We all have different tastes. If he bothers you that much, there is an "off" button at the top of your remote that you can press. Works a treat. :smile:

why?
why would you post such a non answer in an opinion thread?
what did this add?
i cannot find a motive.
i think op is aware that his tv has an off button.
He can be pretty funny sometimes, but I do agree that he's a bit overrated. I guess it's a case of the whole package helping him along.
I used to like him but every time I see him it is the same, there are no other levels to his comedy, its just arsing about and looking like an idiot
DJ AgnieszkaA
why?
why would you post such a non answer in an opinion thread?
what did this add?
i cannot find a motive.
i think op is aware that his tv has an off button.

Because all the other replies are detailed, logical arguments aren't they? :rolleyes:
Reply 90
Turdburger
Wrong. Hes black and he is american. And he has an unknown middle name

Delicious, No?
I don't think he's particularly funny, gets on my nerves a bit.
And Hugh Dennis is better on the now show than on MTW...

In fact, I'm not a massive fan of MTW...which is why I rarely watch it :smile:
Reply 92
EssexDan86
Seriously, what were they thinking letting this man onto Mock the Week? He even makes Andy Parsons look good. Is there anyone else out there who thinks his concept of 'humour' is absolutely atrocious? It seems to consist of:

-Regurgitating other people's jokes and pulling a face
-Speaking in a Bristol accent and pulling a face
-Saying something really low-brow, pulling a face and making some random arm movements
-Talking about something he read in the Daily Mail, and pulling a face
-Pulling a face

If you like him, WHY?! Nearly any other comedian is funnier, with the exception of Jim Davidson!

I disagree - if you watch his stand up, he is pretty good! He's not as funny as Frankie Boyle but he is still entertaining!
Well, I like him.

Bristolian + Crazy Eyes = Funny

In my opinion.
Reply 94
He's alright on Mock the Week. His stand-up delivery seems oddly stilted and rather desperate, however.
Reply 95
Playboy King
By saying Russell Howard is better than Frankie Boyle is evidence that you know nothing of comedy, and therefore your opinion is negligable. :sigh:

nice! :confused: don't you think we're all entitled to an opinion?:p: Surely comedy isn't something you know or don't know about - but something which differs for everyone? :smile: Personally, I don't find racist, homophobic and crude jokes that funny :s-smilie: (please don't take that the wrong way - I'm relatively new here and trying not to get slaughtered :biggrin:)
Reply 96
I saw him live a couple of years ago, before he got famous and thought he was brilliant. Now though he seems to regurgitate his jokes over and over, and I agree that the face pulling and exuberant expressions/gestures are a little grating. Saying that I don't really find many comedians properly funny. Frankie Boyle is just offensive, I dislike Jimmy Carr's one-liner style and even Michael Mcintyre is getting a bit samey. My favourite two are Jason Manford (so cute when he talks about his twins!) and Stephen K Amos =)
I disagree, Michael McIntyre is the worst comedian out there.
moomin_love
I love him! He's really funny! Russell Howard's News of the Week or whatever it's called is great! I think it's because he just looks really cute while doing all of those things. He's definitely got looks on his side, which a lot of comedians don't have. In fact, he is probably THE hottest comedian :biggrin: Just because you don't share the same sense of humour as him doesn't mean you have to slate him. He makes loads of people laugh and has loads of sell out gigs so stop being so horrible. He's never done anything to you, if you don't like him then don't watch him! Simple. I don't go making threads about people I don't like... It's not nice. Imagine if someone found a website saying how horrible and unfunny you were when it's your profession. I'd feel pretty rubbish and probably get pretty depressed if it was me :frown: Make a thread about something somebody cares about.

Don't breed
sandeep90
I disagree, Michael McIntyre is the worst comedian out there.

I used to think that until I downloaded two of his shows. He's actually pretty funny.

As for worst comedian, that would be the one live standup comedian I saw last week. Can't remember his name but he was :snow::snow::snow::snow: and he knew it. What a pile of utter :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:.

Quick Reply

Latest