The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've never been measured in a shop. I guess I should sometime, but I've never had any problem with the size that I get from measuring myself.
Reply 41
englishrose
I've never been measured in a shop. I guess I should sometime, but I've never had any problem with the size that I get from measuring myself.

well I thought that, but the fit I now have is so much better!
I have always been measured in M and S and have receieved excellent service but when i was around thirteen i went to be measured and she ordered me to remove my top and bra (being only thirteen i thought this was the norm!). She took ages measuring and looking back now i now realise she had no need to do that!

Lou
xxx
Reply 43
A breast measurer has got to be the greatest job in the world.
Reply 44
I think the first time I was measured I had to take my top and bra off and it was horrible - I blame my mum! They've never done that anywhere I've been to on my own.
And for places that are good, M&S were really bad when I went there, they gave me completely the wrong back size. The people in La senza and Debenhams are much better.
Reply 45
addict

LOL
Reply 46
I'm gonna go every year I think, every summer before holiday as an excuse to buy more bras :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 47
Yeah i agrre with the orher people who say M&S are bad, because they are crap lol! But i guess it does all depend on the actual store! Lol i was gunna post a thing asking where the best place to go is, but now i dont need to lol :biggrin:! (i really need to stop using exclamation marks (and learn how to spell it - is that wrong?) )
Reply 48
addict

It's not all teenage girls with fantastic figures though...
Reply 49
I've never been measured :s:, but then my size is not hard to figure out... try on a B and realise it's too big so I need an A, lol. And then the 'fun' begins trying to find a bra in my size :mad: , it's all B to F :mad:
Reply 50
Adarah
I've never been measured :s:, but then my size is not hard to figure out... try on a B and realise it's too big so I need an A, lol. :mad:

It's not as easy as that though because the cups correspond to the back size and if you get that wrong then you're all out. I'd always recommend getting measured because having the perfect fit is just fabby :smile:
I really should get measured. I'm not really sure what I based my bra size on. I've had the same bra size for years. I think it was probably my mum.

I apparently have the same bra size as one of my friends but other people have commented on how my chest looks bigger than hers etc. I wonder if she has been measured or not.
Reply 52
I love my boobs now I have bras that fit..it makes so much difference. I can now see how some of my friends are completely in the wrong size.
Reply 53
i have had mine measured, what annoys me is they guide me to all the ugly looking bras!
i now hate going bra shopping can't find any nice bras for my size that arent grannish looking, or that arnt liek over £32!!
Reply 54
tiny nina - if i'm guessing correctly and you defy your name - then try www.brastop.com They do really nice bras for bigger sizes and they are cheap :smile:
Reply 55
Bravissimo are really good too, but might be a bit more expensive.
Reply 56
Hmm as I said at the beginning of the thread, I was measured fairly recently and it does seem to fit, but the only problem I have is that even when I shorten the straps to as short as they can get, they're still too big and if i'm wearing a loose top then sometimes the strap falls down and pokes out of my sleeve! Maybe I should get measured again..
Reply 57
F. Poste
Hmm as I said at the beginning of the thread, I was measured fairly recently and it does seem to fit, but the only problem I have is that even when I shorten the straps to as short as they can get, they're still too big and if i'm wearing a loose top then sometimes the strap falls down and pokes out of my sleeve! Maybe I should get measured again..

Are you quite petite? Because the distance from your shoulder to your underarm is proporinately shorter as well as everything else. Perhaps a smaller back would help? But yeah, get remeasured - it's an excuse for new bras :biggrin:
Reply 58
I've gone up a size since going on the pill, but I can't afford to get an entire new wardrobe of lingerie :frown:
Reply 59
blissy
Are you quite petite? Because the distance from your shoulder to your underarm is proporinately shorter as well as everything else. Perhaps a smaller back would help? But yeah, get remeasured - it's an excuse for new bras :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm tiny! Perhaps I'm cursed to always have falling-strap syndrome.. but when I was measured she did say I was either 34C or 32D, but I've looked at D cup bras in shops and they seem huge in proportion to the rest of me :redface: In my head I'm still the 32B i was last year!

Latest