lol not if you got in where you wanted to :smile:

Oh well, we'll see :wink:
I haven't heard from my choices yet.... :puppyeyes: xD
Reply 21
Butterflyleg
Oh well, we'll see :wink:
I haven't heard from my choices yet.... :puppyeyes: xD

I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:
i've had interviews, and i think thats because my personal statement is very straight to the point, no waffling, no big words, just saying why i wanna do medicine, and my reflections on my work experiences. done.
cuz i said i liked travelling. lol.

i really don't know. probably the abundance of big words and my really cliche 'i await the opportunities' type sentences used. i just made myself sound good and used good written english. i showed a great interest in my subject too.
Gabriela
My question is directed for those who got/were accepted by some of the top universities in the country.

So as the question states, what made you different in the eyes of the interviewers or those reading your application forms? I am going to be writing my UCAS application form soon and I was wondering in what way I should approach it- the tone I should use and the things I should include, also what more can i do before September to make me "stand out"?

Congratulations to all of you! and Good Luck! :smile:

Thank you

Just don't put any negatives in your PS. Go to like UCL site for your course and they have some good subject-specific PS guidelines.

List loads of your activities and interest and kinda group them together to get paragrph topics on. Any Work experience is good and don't write many, if at all, negative points
Gabriela
I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:

It's kind of you! :smile:
I have my fingers crossed for you too! Good luck with your choices! :wink2:
Reply 26
Anonymous0155
Just don't put any negatives in your PS. Go to like UCL site for your course and they have some good subject-specific PS guidelines.

List loads of your activities and interest and kinda group them together to get paragrph topics on. Any Work experience is good and don't write many, if at all, negative points

So I shouldn't say what I would have to improve on, but just say what I CAN and am GOOD at? Thanks
Reply 27
Butterflyleg
It's kind of you! :smile:
I have my fingers crossed for you too! Good luck with your choices! :wink2:

Thank you :smile:
Well, I applied for english (have had 4/5 offers including one from Oxford, still waiting on Bristol) I talked about one really unusual book which nobody questioned me on (probably because nobody has read it!) then a lot of the traditional stuff (Hardy, Austen) I guess that my enthusiasm about the books must just have been really obvious!
Reply 29
The background I cam from, also the burning fire and passion for the course, how ever being acceepted at Oxford Uni- studying at the keeble college did'nt seem my place, instead I tranfered and went to Manchester.. I love it there.
Reply 30
LOV3R
The background I cam from, also the burning fire and passion for the course, how ever being acceepted at Oxford Uni- studying at the keeble college did'nt seem my place, instead I tranfered and went to Manchester.. I love it there.

what did you not like about Oxford that Manchester has? oh and what course are you doing?
Grades, extra-curriculars and a clear passion for the subject. There isn't a secret formula to it really.
Reply 32
Gabriela
what did you not like about Oxford that Manchester has? oh and what course are you doing?

I was never goingto be accepted as an Oxford student, I just did;nt have the background to furfill, its just one of them things really. Manchester seemed to have everything I wanted the course and socialsation factors.:smile:
Just because you get accepted at Oxford does'nt make you any better than other uni students, Most of them were doing classics.
my 3 grade 8s for music showing that i could balance my extra curricular activities with my work, gold dofe (linked to outdoors elements of geology) and playing on two first sports teams at school linked to my fantastic teamwork skills. Basically, link anything you've done to some kind of skill for your degree!
Reply 34
LOV3R
I was never goingto be accepted as an Oxford student, I just did;nt have the background to furfill, its just one of them things really. Manchester seemed to have everything I wanted the course and socialsation factors.:smile:
Just because you get accepted at Oxford does'nt make you any better than other uni students, Most of them were doing classics.

I agree but my dream is to go to Oxford and that's why I asked why you didn't like it, because many people have told me to look at the atmosphere created in the unis and colleges when I go to the open days and not necessarily which one is better academically, as they are all top unis anyway :smile:

I am glad you found the right place for you, but when you say you didn't have the background.. what did you mean by this? :smile:
Gabriela
My question is directed for those who got/were accepted by some of the top universities in the country.

So as the question states, what made you different in the eyes of the interviewers or those reading your application forms? I am going to be writing my UCAS application form soon and I was wondering in what way I should approach it- the tone I should use and the things I should include, also what more can i do before September to make me "stand out"?

Congratulations to all of you! and Good Luck! :smile:

Thank you

What would you consider a top uni? Are you talking Oxbridge or red-brick and others?
Reply 36
Gabriela
I agree but my dream is to go to Oxford and that's why I asked why you didn't like it, because many people have told me to look at the atmosphere created in the unis and colleges when I go to the open days and not necessarily which one is better academically, as they are all top unis anyway :smile:

I am glad you found the right place for you, but when you say you didn't have the background.. what did you mean by this? :smile:

I barely scrapped my GCSE's and my A-levels was'nt that good, its my personal statement and my teachers voice that got me a interview at Oxford. I remember saying in my interview 'Never in my wildist dreams I thought I would get a interview to the women. I live in a coucil flat, with no good future ahead of me.
Reply 37
Cesare Borgia
What would you consider a top uni? Are you talking Oxbridge or red-brick and others?

I'd say Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Nottingham etc only because they have been the top rated Law Unis for the past year by the Times
Reply 38
LOV3R
I barely scrapped my GCSE's and my A-levels was'nt that good, its my personal statement and my teachers voice that got me a interview at Oxford. I remember saying in my interview 'Never in my wildist dreams I thought I would get a interview to the women. I live in a coucil flat, with no good future ahead of me.

I guess they liked your honesty and that you were yourself, which is what made you different from all the other applicants :smile:
Reply 39
Gabriela
I guess they liked your honesty and that you were yourself, which is what made you different from all the other applicants :smile:

Maybe your right, but I dont care anymore about Oxford its the past, lucky I did'nt carry on, it would have changed me for the worse, I just want to normal not better than others.. Honestly follow your dreams if you have too, but sometimes there are obsticles you will have to face!!

Latest

Trending

Trending